Everybody loves Halloween! You get to dress up, scare people and most importantly eat a whole bunch of sweet treats without getting judged for it! With that being said, I am sure I’m not the only one who has grown tired of the same sweets and chocolate we get in all of the shops and I am for sure not the only one who thinks that in today’s day and age we should definitely be opting for some healthier treats to gouge on- especially when it comes to vegan Halloween!
The amount of sugar and processed fat that is in all the generic sweets and chocolate we have grown accustomed to is SHOCKING and so listed below is a healthy vegan recipe that has no actual sugar in it (besides from the tiny amount of sprinkles of course). This recipe is raw and therefore no level of baking is required.
The moisture and sweetness that come from the coconut oil and the maple syrup is paired nicely with the subtle taste of coffee and salt. The chocolatey crunch from the cocoa powdered porridge oats makes for a deliciously textured treat that everyone will be fighting for! The addition of some bright orange sprinkles as a coating also adds an extra crunch whilst simultaneously giving us some major vegan Halloween vibes! And finally, the cold, firm texture of the coco balls once they are taken out of the fridge somehow makes them even more mouth-watering- if that were even possible!
Without further ado here is a Swedish made, vegan coco ball recipe that ticks all the boxes of being healthy, festive, easy and most importantly extremely delicious!
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour and 15 mins
Serves about 20
-2 cups of porridge oats
-1/4 cup of maple syrup
-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (baking kind)
-1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
-2/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
-3-4 tablespoons of strong coffee*optional – (add more or less if you would like)
-1/3 cup of orange sprinkles (for coating)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together – besides from the sprinkles!
2. Mix well and don’t forget to taste in case you need to add any more coffee or maple syrup to suit your taste buds!
3. Make small, round balls from your mixture and place them on a large plate/ tray
4. Once you are finished with making the balls, get a large bowl and fill it with the orange sprinkles
5. Put each ball into the sprinkles and coat evenly
6. Once completed, put the plate/ tray in the fridge to allow the coco balls to firm up (about 40 minutes- an hour)
7. Take out of the fridge and enjoy, whilst putting the remaining coco balls in an airtight container in the fridge or alternatively in the freezer! 😉
So there you have it, a vegan Halloween coco ball recipe that is bound to make your Halloween both healthy and fun at the same time. If that wasn’t enough, then remember that this recipe doesn’t require a whole lot of washing up- as it’s literally a ‘put everything in a bowl’ kinda recipe… (queue raising hands in celebration emoji)!
Top Tip: Why not try serving these heavenly coco balls at your Halloween party or give them to trick or treaters instead of a standard chocolate bar! Believe me when I tell you that it is definitely a game changer!
Featured Image: Pinterest
9 Classy Dinner Party Dresses To Wear This Holiday Season Arriving to a dinner party wearing a luxurious, head-turning party dress…