Whether it’s your freshman year or your senior year, there are things that are unavoidable during your time at University of Kent. These are 10 things that will definitely happen to you as a student at University of Kent!
1. You will spend a few too many messy nights in Venue, especially during Fresher’s Week.
Vensday on a Wednesday from 9 pm is always a good idea (despite that 9 am lecture on a Thursday.)
2. You will get fresher’s flu, along with everyone else in halls.
It will feel like you have the plague, but the pharmacy on campus is well stocked, and the sesh must go on!
3. The campus is large and complicated to navigate.
You will get lost in the first few weeks while trying to find Cornwallis for a seminar.
4. You will run out of milk or bread, head to essentials and end up paying extortionate amounts for imported treats and other unnecessary items.
5. You will regret not getting a bus pass, as a return to town is £2.90, and these will add up over the year!
A bus pass is a much better deal.
6. You will avoid doing laundry for a month, and end up in Primark buying cheap sets of pants when you run out.
7. You will either love or hate your neighbours.
Sharing a space with so many new people can either work our or be a real pain. Keep in mind that getting along with them will make your life easier in the long run.
8. You will miss some 9 am lectures either due to a hangover or that persistent strain of fresher flu you’ve had since the start of the year.
9. The fire alarm testing on a designated morning every week will wake you up/ give you a heart attack.
If you’re unlucky, it will aggravate your already pounding head from the night before.
10. If you’re anything like me you will have the best year of your life, have new experiences and meet tons of interesting people.
Enjoy it because time flies and it will be over before you know it!
Do you have anything else to things that will definitely happen to you at University of Kent!? Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit
Hi! My name is Anna and I am a first year english student at the University of Kent in Canterbury. My interests include reading, visiting art galleries and spending time with my friends.