Here are some super sweet (somewhat sassy, and a little bad-assy) father’s day quotes to write on your dad’s card this year! Let’s be honest, the real sentimental crap should come from your own mind and your own heart, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring a smile to your dad’s face this fathers day with a preview before the main event! These father’s day quotes will be sure to make him at least chuckle a little before the waterworks begin when he reads your heartfelt words inside.
So without further ado:
1. Dad, you’ve always been the coolest, like all those times you said “yes” when mum said “no”.
We’ve all been here. Everyone in the family is sure to at least roll their eyes when they see this fathers day quote! Though you may have shot yourself in the foot in the process, whoops.
2. I’d walk through FIRE for you! Well, not FIRE because it’s dangerous. But a super humid room. But not too humid because my hair.
Because hair!!! I’m sure he will totally understand…
3. Dad, I owe you so much*
* and I love how it’s mutually understood that you don’t want me to pay you back.
Bank of mum and dad, am I right? Yeah. You may have to pay for brunch after he reads this one but it’s totally worth the giggle.
4. Dad, no matter what life throws at you, at least you don’t have ugly children.
Perhaps follow up with…because you yourself are so dashing and that would just NOT be possible! MAKE IT BELIEVABLE.
5. Dad, I may not be perfect, and that’s totally okay! I forgive you…
You’ve got your debit card ready for brunch right? Your mum will love this one that’s for sure.
6. If you ever go missing… I’ll make sure they don’t use an ugly picture of you on the news.
Look, at least you’ve got your priorities straight. There aren’t many father’s day quotes out there that really tell it like it is. Sweet and simple.
7. Thanks for putting up with my shit and not putting me on the black market.
If this has ever been a real dilemma for your father, I applaud him for keeping you around. Though after the sas delivered with this father’s day quote… Maybe it’s time to find a new address before you’re traded in for a camel. Let’s be honest, you’re probably not worth much more.
8. Behind every dad is a great kid… That would be me… Just sayin.
Aaaaah. Isn’t this just all of us though? What is a parent without their awesome children? Well, they’re card-less at the very least!
9. No face tattoos. No prison. No drug use… Not much drug use. And no teen pregnancy. You did pretty good.
Let’s be honest, that’s the best they can really ask for, isn’t it. Strive for greatness! And if they don’t like this father’s day card? Well, use the brunch money to really treat yourself to that face tattoo you’ve been dying to get.
10. Dad’s are hard to buy gifts for, FACT. So just enjoy this carefully selected card and the joy of having me as a child.
Every day is a wonder for them I’m sure. I for one am always wondering how on earth my dad still has next to no hobbies that could aid me in finding inspiration for a father’s day gift.