Nutella is the greatest joy in life, and, if you’re anything like us, you’re constantly on the search for new ways to get it into your diet. You’ve had it on crepes, on your toast and maybe even in porridge, but if you are running out of ideas then why not try out one of these Nutella recipes?
1. Nutella Mousse
Smooth and delicious…
Ingredients: 4 medium eggs + 2 extra egg whites, 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, 200 grams of Nutella, 50 grams of unsalted butter, 50 grams of creme fraiche.
- Starting with the eggs, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg yolks whilst adding in the sugar until you are left with a frothy mixture.
- Fill a pan with water and heat over the hob. When the water is simmering, gently place a bowl into it and then place the Nutella and butter into the bowl. Stir the Nutella and butter mixture until it has melted, then take it off the hob and leave it to cool a little.
- Add the Nutella and butter mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Add in the creme fraiche.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then, using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the rest of the ingredients. Make sure to do this gently so that you don’t squash all the air out.
- Place the mixture into eight small ramekins before putting them into the fridge. Leave them to sit for six hours.
2. Nutella Truffles
One of the simplest Nutella recipes…
Ingredients: 15 whole hazelnuts, 50 grams of plain chocolate, 150 grams of Nutella, 2 tablespoons of single cream, 30 grams of chopped and toasted hazelnuts.
- Cut up the plain chocolate into small pieces and then melt in a saucepan. Add in the Nutella and the cream and mix together. Then remove from the heat.
- Pour the chopped hazelnuts into a bowl and set a tray down beside them.
- Making sure the Nutella mixture is cool first, grab a small piece (around the same size as the whole hazelnuts) and, placing a whole hazelnut into the palm of your hand, roll the mixture around it.
- Roll it until you have created a small ball. Then, place this ball into the bowl of chopped hazelnuts and roll it until it is coated in them
- Place each ball on a tray and place in the fridge for at least half an hour.
3. Nutella Cookies
An irresistible, melting Nutella treat!
Ingredients: 150 grams of unsalted butter, 50 grams of caster sugar, 125 grams of light brown sugar, 150 grams of Nutella, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 175 grams of plain flour, 50 grams of malted milk, 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, 75 grams of walnuts, 75 grams of dark chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan and cut sheets of baking paper for two trays.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the Nutella and continue to beat together. Then the egg and vanilla essence.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture out onto the tray and bake for 12 minutes.
4. Nutella Crispies
The easiest out of all the Nutella recipes…
Ingredients: 100 grams of chocolate, 100 grams of Nutella, 40 grams of cornflakes or rice crispies.
- Cut a sheet of baking paper and place on a tray.
- Melt the cholate and Nutella together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cereal of your choice.
- Spoon the mixture into small heaps on the tray and leave everything to chill in the fridge.
5. Nutella filled meringues
A hidden Nutella surprise…
Ingredients: 3 eggs (egg whites only), 150 grams of golden caster sugar.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 140C.
- Separate the eggs so that you only have egg whites. Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks (this can be done by hand but is much easier with an electronic whisk).
- Add in the sugar one spoonful at a time whilst continuing to whisk.
- Spoon the mixture out into little heaps on the baking tray. For each meringue, place a teaspoon of Nutella on top and then cover with more meringue mix.
- Bake in the oven for one hour until the meringues are crisp and going golden.
- Leave the meringues to cool in the oven by turning off the heat and leaving the oven door open slightly.
6. Nutella Milkshake
Nutella that you can drink…
Ingredients: 1 banana, 200 milliliters of milk, 1 tablespoon of Nutella, 1/2 a tablespoon of caster sugar, 1 scoop of ice cream,
- Cut up and blend the banana with the milk.
- Add in the Nutella, sugar and ice cream and continue to blend.
- Serve immediately.
7. Nutella French Toast
A new way to have Nutella for breakfast…
Ingredients: 2 eggs, ‘splash’ of double cream, 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla essence, 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, 4 slices of bread, 4 tablespoons of Nutella, butter.
- Add together the eggs, cream, vanilla essence and sugar and whisk everything together.
- Use the bread and Nutella to make two Nutella sandwiches.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and make sure they are covered in it.
- Melt a small amount of butter in a frying pan and fry the sandwiches in it until they are golden. Serve.