Nothing beats homemade cakes, but sometimes we just don’t have the time to bake something that will quickly feed that sweet tooth craving. This is where mug cakes become an option, as they’re easy to make and take no time at all. So if you’re in desperate need to get your sweet craving satisfied, follow this Nutella mug cake recipe from Tammilee, which she found from the 250 Best Meals in a Mug: Delicious Homemade Microwave Meals in Minutes cookbook.
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Nutella
1. To start off your Nutella mug cake, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a mug.
2. Beat in egg, sugar and Nutella with a fork until very well blended
3. Microwave on high (1200W) for 75-90 seconds, or until risen and centre is set. I would suggest checking your cake after one minute of baking to see if it requires more time. Just make sure not to overcook your cake! The time will vary depending on your microwave. Insert a knife in your cake, if it comes out clean then your cake is ready. You can also see if the cake is ready once you get a firm top.
4. Let it cool then enjoy! Your Nutella mug cake is ready!
To enhance your Nutella mug cake, you can add ice cream or frosting. Add one final touch by sprinkling your cake with either pieces of chocolate powder, coconut chunks or sprinkles.
Make sure to try out our Nutella mug cake once you get a chance! You can easily cook this recipe for yourself or for guests when hosting a party.
Did you enjoy our Nutella mug cake recipe? Let us know in the comments section below!
Featured image: www.unsplash.com
A small town girl living in a big city