Manchester is one of the biggest cities in the UK and if you were brought up here, you know everything there is to know about it. So to refresh your memory, here are 20 signs that you grew up in Manchester!
1. Everyone calls Manchester City Centre, “Town”.
2. Burger King is the meet up spot for everyone as it’s closest to transport links.
3. You have to choose whether you are a Manchester City or United football supporter. (Even if you don’t support any.)
4. All secondary schools have an unknown rivalry with another school in the area and no one knows how or why it was started.
5. Sitting at the back of the bus was a thing when you were younger – it made you look cool.
6. Everyone has used a Clipper card or a Day Rider while getting on the bus.
7. Everyone knows the song lyrics to Oasis’s Wonderwall (even if it’s just the Chorus.)
8. We complain about the wet rainy weather a lot and we always have to keep a jacket on us just in case it randomly starts to rain.
9. We can go through all weathers in one day, so knowing what to wear can be tricky.
10. Everyone is linked in some way, so you were sure to definitely bump into someone you know on a trip around town.
11. Manchester Arndale has changed so much that sometimes you don’t even recognise it.
12. You would have met at least one Coronation Street Star while strolling through town.
13. Our Mancunian accent is strong, and many people outside of Manchester don’t understand us.
14. No matter where you go, you will always compare other cities to Manchester.
15. We have different colour buses and some are really old-fashioned and smell bad.
16. Finally turning 18 so you could check out the diverse night life Manchester has to offer.
17. Strangers are friendly and actually stop to talk to you or ask you questions.
18. Piccadilly Gardens is where everyone goes to sit down when it’s sunny. Kids also like to run around the water fountains.
19. Mancunians love to have a good time and are always up for a laugh even with strangers.
20. Manchester Christmas Markets is as big as Christmas itself and we can’t wait to see the big Santa light up.
What are some other signs you definitely grew up in Manchester? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured image source: weheartit.com
Writer, Blogger & Journalist from Manchester, UK.