Undergrad student at St. Catherine University. Studying social work &…
I’m all about making life easier and I’m sure you are too. Unfortunately, we can’t go back and redo those things that in retrospect, could have been done better. But that’s okay, we learn from our mistakes and can apply our new knowledge moving forward. Here are 20 life hacks any student living in halls will probably wish they knew sooner…but hey, at least you know now!
Cleaning wasn’t made for students on the go.
1. Use a over-the-door jewelry or shoe organizer to store food.
This also works great for organizing your bathroom lotions, shampoo, etc.
2. A shower caddy is perfect for housing small school supplies.
It can hold your pens, scissors and small notebooks!
3. Divide your drawers into easy to access sections with shoe boxes (or cereal boxes trimmed down).
While this works awesome for clothes, it can definitely be a huge help for organizing any drawer.
4. Mason jars make excellent (and cute) organisers.
Use them to hold anything from school supplies to makeup.
5. Use binder clips not only for paper, but for organizing/holding cables.
An instant mess solver.
Organizing Clothes & All Things Related
Less stress is always better.
6. Do not waste soft drink tabs! Place one on a hanger hook and voila, you stack your hangers.
Making a ton more space for your clothes.
7. Place shower hooks on a hanger and instantly make a scarf holder.
8. Strategically folding clothes will create more space in your drawers!
9. Create a makeup display with an old frame and Velcro stickers.
Just attach one side of the Velcro to the frame, the other to your makeup.
10. Wrap a plastic bag around clothes hanging in your closet to make moving day SO much easier.
Just grab and go!
Decorating Your Space
Who doesn’t want to make others jealous of their cute room?
11. Loft your bed as high as you can and get drapes to create a personal space.
12. Use Washi tape to create wall decorations that peel right off.
13. Have cardboard, material and tape? Instant headboard for your bed!
14. Use adhesives strips and clothespins to hang a tapestry.
15. Have stains on your carpet or want something to liven up your room? Use a rug!
More Miscellaneous Life Hacks
Making uni easier one hack at a time.
16. Use the spine of binders to make a fake book shelf.
There are some things you’ll probably want to keep hidden… one way or another…
17. Use car deodorizer or dryer sheets over vents to create a nice smell in your room!
18. Use bed lifts
19. Put Washi tape on both sides of a cord so you can easily unplug it.
20. Save space by using folding chairs that you can easily store.
What other life hacks do you wish you had known about sooner? Share in the comments!
Featured image source: tumblr.com
Undergrad student at St. Catherine University. Studying social work & communication studies/journalism. Lives up to Gandhi's quote, "Be the change you want to see in the world."