I have only ever tried the long distance relationship scene while in college and it takes a VERY strong bond between the couple, as well as maturity in order to make it work. I am currently in my third long distance relationship while in college and I have a few tips from my experience in order to encourage all you fellow long distancers to make it work. Check out these 10 tips for long distance relationships in college.
1. Make an effort to put in video chat dates to watch Netflix together and just catch up.
Like all relationships, they require a great deal of effort. If you are able to set up video chat dates, you have something to look forward to during the week.
2. Remember on those hard days when you miss them about how great it’s going to be when you’re together again.
3. Remember why you decided to get into the long distance relationship in the first place.
4. Think about how great it will be when you all are reunited again.
5. Always share how you are feeling and keep them updated on how your life is going.
6. Always be open, honest, and loyal with your significant other.
7. Be your own person but grow together at the same time.
8. Try to see each other as often as possible.
9. Send cute selfies over Snapchat to keep them hyped up about what they have.
10. My best and final tip is to make things work even when things get tough because even though the distance may be hard at times, it’s worth it when you’re with someone that you’re meant to be with.
Let us know what you think about these tips for long distance relationships in college the comments below!
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com
Currently a sophomore at Virginia Tech, lover of coffee, romantic comedies, puppies, Omega Phi Alpha and Atlanta Falcons football #gohokies