There are many things that people hear about UC Riverside, but it’s not until you actually attend the school that you understand it. Keep reading to learn about the 20 things you only understand if you go to UC Riverside!
1. UC Riverside is a special place.
UC Ratchetside, UC Rejects, we’ve heard it all… Despite the reputation, you learn to love the campus and familial atmosphere of our school.
2. If you live in Pentland, you know the struggle of having to walk 2 miles just to get to one class.
Pentland is one of the nicest dorms here at UC Riverside, but it is also extremely far from the actual campus.
3. Classes in the University Theater are the worst
Especially on rainy days.
4. There are Week 3 midterms and Week 9 midterms… What?
Although you get used to the quarter system, it screws you over sometimes.
5. Scotty’s is the go to place for late night munchies.
The fact that it’s open until 2 a.m. and you can spend your dining dollars there is a major plus for both under and upperclassmen. Also, cheeseburger fries- the ultimate move.
6. There’s a Habaneros, but not Chipotle.
No one will ever understand why.
7. We throw the best concert on campus.
From Block Party to Winter Solstice, we have had Post Malone, A$AP Ferg, and Playboi Carti perform at our school.
8. If you’re a CNASS major.
You understand the struggle of sleeping at 4 a.m. because of Math 5.
9. Cum tree season.
We all know it and we all hate.
10. Not knowing whether to wear shorts or jeans during winter quarter.
Because you know it’s either going to be blazing hot or freezing cold.
11. The NOS Event Center is 15 minutes away from us.
This is also why UC Riverside is known for raving.
12. Nothing surprises you during finals week when you go into Orbach.
Whether it’s passing by people asleep on the desks or even bringing their own Keurig inside the library, finals week is definitely the peak for students.
13. If you live in Aberdeen Inverness or Lothian, you probably have more fun than those in Pentland.
Fact: Pentland is the newest, most aesthetically pleasing dorm on campus.
But… it is probably the most anti-social due to the fact that it’s secluded from the dining halls and the actual campus itself.
14. When you’re taking a late afternoon nap…
And realize you haven’t used your lunch meal swipe yet… AND it’s almost 4:30.
15. The walk to the Psychology building is tedious.
It’s on the very end of campus, next to the freeway.
16. “So no Heat?”
Not having one of the most popular concerts on campus this year left the entire UC Riverside population shook.
17. When you get your final grades and they’re not A’s.
“But prof, I hiked the ‘C’.”
18. Setting aside at least an hour to go to the Highlander One Stop Shop because you already know it’s going to be extremely packed.
Especially during FAFSA season- you’ll be waiting in line for what feels like forever.
19. UC Riverside’s Student Recreation Center is both new and extremely nice.
Catch the SRC center packed when it’s not finals week.
20. You’re confused about all the construction on campus.
How long has the construction by the MSE been going on?