A brightly coloured, fruit-filled drink is the best way to kick start your summer mood. For that family get together where you are expected to cut down on the booze, and you feel bored with the regular beverages, these non-alcoholic, fruity, summer drinks will make you think otherwise. From pomegranate smoothies to watermelon lemonade, these amazing summer drinks are perfect to cool off the entire family on a hot summer day with your plate full of barbecue. Pick your favorite recipe and whip up a pitcher to impress your friends and family on your next cookout.
Pomegranate Beet Smoothie
- 1 beet (approximately 3 oz.)
- 1/2 apple
- A handful of spinach (approximately 1 oz.)
- 4 big mint leaves
- 1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
- Peel and wash the beet to get rid of any dirt and leaves. Cut it into 4 to 5 pieces.
- Add the beet, half apple (seeds and stem removed), spinach, mint, and pomegranate juice in a blender.
- Blend very well until you form a paste of a smooth consistency. You do not want chunks of beet, apple or leaves as you sip on the drink.
- This smoothie will relatively be thinner, however, if you want to give it the texture of juice, you may add a half cup of water before blending all the ingredients together. You may then strain through a fine mesh, however, consuming without straining will be more nutritious. Enjoy!
Dole Whip Lemonade
This lemonade will take you to the vibes of an island at the reach of your own backyard. This tropical flavoured slushy, made with coconut milk, pineapple and lemonade is the ultimate refreshing drink with a cherry on the top.
- 1 c. frozen pineapple
- 1 c. lemonade
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- Pineapple wedges (garnish)
- Maraschino cherries (garnish)
- Blend frozen pineapple, lemonade, and coconut milk.
- Upon blending, pour in a glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge and a cherry on top. Savour it!
This no calorie, nutrition-rich drink is full of flavors that you can enjoy of a hot summer day. For those of you who do not drink enough water, this is a good, even better substitute for a good intake of all the necessary nutrition.
- 3 cans seltzer water
- CUCUMBER MINT: 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2″ rounds
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- PEACH GINGER: 1 peach, sliced. Ginger, skin removed and sliced into rounds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- STRAWBERRY LIME: 3 strawberries, halved. 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Add seltzer water with the ingredients you desire. Stir all your ingredients well to release all those flavors.
- The drink is ready to serve, you may refrigerate it for a while for a better effect.
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. fresh lemon juice
- 8 c. cold water
- 2 c. ice
- Lemon Slices (garnish)
- Cook some simple syrup in a small saucepan. On medium heat, get the water to boil, add and stir sugar until well dissolved. Let it cool.
- Mix together simple syrup, lemon juice, cold water and ice in a large pitcher.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
This recipe is sure to attract everyone’s eyes and tastebuds. Nothing can be better than popsicles in place of ice in a fun and refreshing mango-strawberry lemonade.
- 4 c. lemon lime soda
- 4 c. lemonade
- 1 (12-oz.) can seltzer
- 1 c. sliced strawberries (garnish)
- 2 mangoes, cubed (garnish)
- 3 Popsicle Strawberry Fruit Pops
- 3 Popsicle Mango Fruit Pops
- Stir soda, lemonade, seltzer, strawberries, and mangoes in a large pitcher. Pour mixture into glasses, garnishing the rim of your glasses with a slice of strawberry and mango.
- Add a popsicle to garnish and cool the drink.