Summer is finally here, which means it’s time to kick back, relax, and soak up some sun! And there’s nothing like a cool summer drink in your hand to really complete that relaxing summer feel. Luckily, we’ve got you covered! These summer drinks are not only a sure way to help you keep cool and feeling refreshed, but they can easily be made to please a crowd too!
1. Honey Lavender Lemonade
Remember making lemonade as a kid? It was always the perfect blend of sour and sweet, that kept you both cool and gave you enough of a sugar boost to keep on playing. It’s definitely a classic among summer drinks. Lemonade as an adult is still just as enjoyable, and this honey lavender lemonade gives an old favourite a new delicious twist!
There is some patience required to make the honey lavender simple syrup, so if you plan on making this for a crowd make sure to make the syrup the day before!
Lavender-Infused Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup all-natural honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
Honey Lavender Lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup lavender-infused honey simple syrup
For The Lavender-Infused Honey Simple Syrup
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and turn to medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir consistently to allow the honey to completely dissolve.
- Place into a container and put the syrup in the fridge to sit either overnight or for at least 8 hours to let the lavender infuse. Be sure to strain the lavender before serving.
For The Honey Lavender Lemonade
- Place all the ingredients into a pitcher and mix! Add the simple syrup based on how sweet you like the taste.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
2. Triple Berry Punch
Summer also means berry season! So make the most of all those berries and incorporate them into refreshing summer drinks! This triple berry punch packs all the flavour. And it’s quick and easy to make, so if you need a drink for a crowd, this recipe is perfect!
- 2 cups mixed berry juice
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl or pitcher mix the berry juice, rosemary leaves, fresh raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add the ginger ale and stir. Then fill each glass with ice and pour the punch in with fruit garnish on top. Enjoy!
3. Piña Colada
Just because this is a classic vacation, lounge on the beach type of drink, doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy it at home while you soak up some sun! And because it’s such a quick and easy recipe, you can easily make it anytime you want or make extra and freeze it for a delicious frozen treat!
- 1 1/2 cups whole pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut cream
- 3 oz. white rum
- 1 tbsp. cane sugar (optional to taste)
- 3 cups ice
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Add sugar to taste if you want.
- Pour into servings glasses and garnish with fresh pineapple for extra visual appeal. Enjoy!
4. Frozen Watermelon Daiquiri
Watermelon on its own is a perfect and classic refreshing treat to snack on during those really hot sunny days, but when combined into a delicious cold slush that you can sip on? It’s perfection.
- 8 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 6 tbsp. lime juice (or 2-3 limes)
- 6 tsp sugar
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
5. Caribbean Punch
It’s not a summer drink without at least some rum in it! Or in the case of this pirate inspired drink, lots of rum! This is a perfect party drink or a great way to refresh and unwind.
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup rum
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 coconut rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp grenadine syrup
- Stir all the ingredients in a large pitcher or bowl.
- Add ice, serve, and enjoy!
6. Banshee (Capri)
If you want a summer drink that is both cool and tastes like dessert in a glass, then the banshee is for you. This is a perfect recipe for one; combining the taste of chocolate and banana into a summer drink you can enjoy even after the sun goes down!
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1 1/2 ounces heavy cream
- Maraschino cherry
- Add all the ingredients, minus the cherry, into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain the contents into a chilled glass and add the maraschino cherry. Serve and enjoy!
7. Spiced Maple Ice Tea
Obviously this one is a Canadian favourite that combines beloved maple syrup with refreshing ice tea. If you’re looking for summer drinks guaranteed to please any crowd and any age, this one’s for you.
- 6 green tea bags
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp star anise, cracked or powdered
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Add the ingredients into a large pitcher and pour the boiled water over top.
- Let brew for 5 minutes and then chill.
- Fill a pitcher or bowl with ice and pour the tea mixture over top. Serve and enjoy!
8. Shirley Ginger
Shirley Temples are a classic and delicious drink, but this summer drink recipe taste a new taste spin on the original and the result is easily just as delicious.
- 4 cups Brooklyn Crafted Lemon Lime
- Ginger beer
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- Lime rounds
- Maraschino cherries
- Add all the ingredients, minus the lime rounds and cherries, into a large pitcher or bowl and mix.
- Add ice or pour into glasses with ice. Garnish with lime rounds and maraschino cherries.
- Serve and enjoy!
9. Blueberry Mojito
It’s not really summer without a cool mojito and with berries in season once again, it’s the perfect opportunity to make use of them!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 ounces rum
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 6 ounces club soda
- Blend blueberries until smooth and set aside.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon and blend the mint leaves and sugar to the blueberry mixture.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture together.
- Pour into glasses and add club soda and ice.
- Garnish with extra blueberries and/or mint. Serve and enjoy!
10. Ginger Peach Soda
This one even sounds refreshing. Spicy ginger meets sweet peach in this very refreshing bubbly summer drink. If you make extra syrup, it can be stored in the fridge for a few days so you can enjoy this drink again and again!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 very ripe peaches
- 2 litre soda water
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, add 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger to a gentle simmer. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour syrup through a mesh sieve into bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Slice peaches and evenly distribute between eight glasses. Use a wooden spoon to press on the peaches and release the juices.
- Add two tablespoons of the syrup to each glass. Then add ice cubes and top with soda water.
- Stir gently, garnish with mint leaves. Serve and enjoy!
11. Cuba Libre
Another classic with a twist! The cuba libre takes a normal rum and coke and adds some lime for an extra refreshing boost!
- 3 oz spiced rum
- 1 can cola
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a large pitcher and mix.
- Add ice to two glasses and pour over top. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve and enjoy!
12. Cucumber Cooler
It’s like cucumber water but with an extra taste twist! Cucumbers on their own are a delicious crunchy treat, and flavoured water is always popular. But this recipe combines a green juice mixture with minty and lemon touches that will leave you completely refreshed after just one sip.
For mixed green juice
- 4 oz. mint juice
- 4 oz. parsley juice
- 4 oz. basil juice
- 10 oz. spinach juice
- 10 oz. butter lettuce juice
For cucumber cooler
- Pinch of mint
- Pinch of tarragon
- 5 oz. mixed green juice
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. agave syrup
- In a glass muddle mint and tarragon. Add ice and all ingredients and shake well.
- Strain into an ice filled glass and garnish with lemon and cucumber spring.
- Serve and enjoy!