Being an incoming freshman is one of the most exciting and stressful parts of being a college student! There are so many emotions and new things to experience. We all go through the same experiences and it’s important to know that you definitely aren’t alone. These are 20 signs any incoming freshman can relate to!
1. You have hundreds of dorm ideas pinned in your Pinterest
And you have no idea how you are going to fit all that decor in such a tiny space
2. Finding your perfect roommate on Facebook suddenly has become your number one priority
Because let’s be real, there aren’t too many people who can handle your craziness
3. You are willing to do ANYTHING to not get assigned a dorm in the West Campus towers.
Over my dead body.
4. You couldn’t stop smiling after getting your full season football tickets
Is this real life?!
5. Being forced to participate in the painful awkwardness of Orientation
Do I really need to become best friends with everyone in this room?
6. Scheduling classes was more stressful than any test you have ever taken
How many credits do I need again?
7. Ultimately ending up with a horrible schedule
How bad can a monday 8AM chem lab possibly be?
8. You are convinced every person is smarter than you
“You’re taking how many honors courses?!”
9. Getting out of your comfort zone is a daily occurrence
Whether it’s trying a new dining hall alone or taking a class you never imagined yourself in, freshmen win when it comes to trying new things.
10. You convince yourself to buy something because it’s “for college!”
You know you’re totally going to need 17 different cute blankets for your room for sure.
11. You want to sign up for just about EVERY club
Most of them are really cool, but trust me a couple is plenty.
12. Winging your foreign language and math placement tests because you have absolutely no clue
They can’t seriously expect you to remember all of those conjugations after two years can they?
13. Getting Intimidated by the sheer number of students on campus
After a while everyone finds their own happy buckeye family.
14. You know you need to mentally prepare yourself for move-in day
The chaos is real people.
15. You tell yourself you will go to the gym everyday
The freshmen 15 is alive and well.
16. Getting your BuckID was just as exciting as getting your driver’s license
You probably don’t like your picture but you’re so excited that you don’t even care.
17. You want every possible item of OSU gear
Whether it’s your birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, everyone knows you just want another jersey.
18. Having people ask about where you’re going to school only gets you more excited
You can’t help being excited, and we don’t blame you, Ohio State is pretty awesome.
19. Packing is just as insane as you thought it would be
“I’ll definitely need this costume from my dance recital in 1st grade, right?”
20. You are so glad you get to be a buckeye
Welcome to the best school on the planet, enjoy every minute of being a freshman, and every second of being a buckeye.
Do you have any other signs you’re an incoming freshman!? Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit