It’s a household name. There are very few that have never heard the word Disney. However, being a Disney kid means growing up knowing all the classics, visiting the parks, and being able to sing every word of every song. Read this article to figure out if you truly were a “Disney Kid”.
1. You’ve seen and can quote pretty much every Disney movie.
You know you’re that person that recites the whole movie as if you were one of the characters. I mean really, who can watch The Lion King without quoting “Hakuna Matata” at least ten times.
2. You listen to Disney music a little more often than you probably should at your age.
Who cares if you’re five or fifty-five? It doesn’t matter what people say it’s always okay to scream Let It Go as loud as you can when jamming in the car. Or even out in public…
3. You can recite the Monorail safety message in both English and Spanish.
Did you even ride the monorail if you didn’t say “Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas”?
4. When you’re walking around the parks you find yourself constantly giving park advise to confused tourists.
Sometimes you just need to say something when you see an exhausted family pointing towards Adventure Land saying they can’t wait to ride Space Mountain. Or when you see someone trying to switch from the normal line into the FastPass line because they think its shorter. You just NEED to intervene.
5. You were more heartbroken about Wishes and the Electrical Light Parade being retired than you were over your last breakup.
Okay sure Happily Ever After is spectacular but nothing will ever compare to Wishes. And there’s not even a nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom anymore. What’s all that about? Change is good, but don’t mess with the classics.
6. Most of your birthdays and major life events were celebrated in the parks.
Birthday parties are cool and all but c’mon. A trip to Disney World will almost always win that debate.
7. Every Halloween you dressed up as a different Disney character.
Whether you were Cinderella or Maleficent, Halloween was always an excuse for you to spend the whole night dressed up as your favorite Disney character.
8. When you were little you would run faster than an Olympic medalist to get the Dumbo or teacup that you wanted.
Because we all know that life would cease to exist if you didn’t get to ride in the red Dumbo or the green teacup with blue stars.
9. You have a pair of Mickey/Minnie Mouse ears in every color and for every holiday.
Halloween, Christmas, New Year’s, or your birthday. No matter what holiday is up next you can almost guarantee you have a pair of ears to wear for the occasion.
10. You remember when FastPasses were still paper tickets.
You also remember having FastPasses for Space Mountain until they were ruined because your dad forgot to take the paper FastPasses out of his pocket before riding Splash Mountain.
11. Hollywood Studios will always be known as MGM Studios to you.
Most people didn’t even know what MGM stood for however we still find it catchier than the new name “Hollywood Studios”.
12. You’ve always questioned why Goofy has the ability to talk but Pluto doesn’t.
Both characters are dogs. Why can one talk while the other cannot? It’s just not fair.
13. Although Universal has amazing roller coasters, nothing is quite as magical as walking down Main Street USA and getting your first look at the Cinderella Castle.
The Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket will always be a fan favorite. However, there is no experience quite like walking down Main Street USA for the first time as a little kid and being blown away when you come face to face with Cinderella Castle.
14. You remember Toon Town being your favorite part of Magic Kingdom when you were little.
Between Mickey and Minnie’s houses and being able to meet all of the princess in one air conditioned spot what wasn’t there to love?
15. You find yourself getting a little bit too emotional while watching Disney movies.
It’s okay, you can admit it. We all cried when Mufasa died too. In fact most of us still probably aren’t over it even though it’s been twenty-three years.
16. It’s nothing out of the ordinary to raise your animal in the air and scream “Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba Sithi uhm ingonyama”.
Dog, cat, bird, hamster, it doesn’t matter. They’re all going to hate that experience as much as the next. But as long as you’re having fun that’s all that matters, right?
17. You cringe every time you hear someone saying something inaccurate about Disney.
Please tell me more about how Maleficent gave Ariel a poisoned apple. I mean c’mon guys everyone should at least know basic Disney knowledge.
18. Disney Springs will forever and always be Downtown Disney to you.
Back to the changing of names. Disney just needs to keep the original name of everything. It would make it so much easier for us all.
19. You know where tons of Hidden Mickeys are hidden throughout the parks as well as in movies.
Not many people know about the secret fun of finding Hidden Mickeys. However, it is for sure that once you find your first that it will be hard to stop.
20. No matter how many times you go to the parks, every time will be just as exciting and fun filled as the first.
Walking up to Cinderella Castle, Space Mountain, meeting Mickey Mouse himself. Somethings just never get old.
Did you grow up loving the Disney parks and movies!? Share in the comments below!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own!
Featured Image: weheartit