If you grew up in Boston, this city will always have a place in your heart. It really is like no other city in the U.S., and no other city can compare, either. Whether you’ve lived here since you were born, went to school here or have moved recently, you’re already considered a Bostonian at heart, and you’ll probably be able to relate to everything on this list. These are 20 signs you grew up in Boston, (or should we say Bahston)?
1. You refer to Dunkin’ Donuts as Dunks (a.k.a. a place you visit waaaay too often.)
It’s like they are pleading for you to come in, because there is a Dunks on every corner.
2. You seem to always get an iced coffee, no matter the temperature or season.
There’s nothing odd about sipping on an iced coffee during a blizzard.
3. Snow in October is normal… and it’s also normal in April.
What? You didn’t have to trudge through snow to trick or treat? Interesting.
4. If you live in the city, you only shovel your parking spot.
The items you can find on the street during the winter in Boston are hilarious. Just don’t try to steal anyone’s spot. Just. don’t. do. it.
5. Whenever you tell someone you’re from Boston, they try to do the accent or they ask you to talk in one.
It’s the most annoying thing ever. Ever. And when they try to do the Boston accent, they’re actually doing the New Yorker accent. There’s a difference people!
6. You also know there’s absolutely no way you can “pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd”. And no, you’re not going to say it just because someone wants you to.
Unless you want to be towed. Or hit.
7. You call directionals, “blinkahs.”
And you literally never use them. But you get heated when someone else doesn’t use theirs. It’s just how it goes.
8. The word “wicked” is naturally a part of your vocabulary.
And people from outside of Boston don’t seem to understand it. Weird.
9. The speed limit is simply a suggestion.
I mean come on. We have places to be. Also, in Boston, all your neighbors are cops, so you could get out of it.
10. Who says “Cape Cod”?
You’ve never said Cape Cod. It’s only The Cape.
11. You feel like you know the Wahlberg’s personally.
So personally that you would have supper with them, or quite possibly already have at one of their Wahlburger’s locations.
12. You call a traffic circle a rotary, and you’re a pro at them.
Like a straight up pro.
13. Parallel parking is in your blood.
Because of all the times you’ve hung out with friends on Newbury St. and needed to park quickly and precisely before anyone else got the spot.
14. Or you know the green and red lines like the back of your hand.
This might look crazy to outsiders, but for you, it makes perfect sense. You don’t even need to look at it because you know it by heart.
15. You will never stray away from the PATS.
No matter how much hate you get, you know it’s only out of jealousy. HE DIDN’T DO IT.
16. On top of your loyalty, everyone around you has a crush on Brady.
Even your mom. And your grandma. Heck, your dad probably has a man crush too. I mean come on, look at that face. (He didn’t do it.)
17. Roger Goodell is the most hated man in Boston.
Disgusting. He probably did it.
18. Belichick is probably the most respected man in Boston.
Who else gets away with cutting the sleeves off of sweatshirts and wearing them in snow storms? No one.
19. You have definitely been to a Sox game and will always cheer them on.
No matter how much they may suck at times. Not to mention how beautiful Fenway Pahk is!
20. Lastly, ‘Boston Strong’ means so much to you.
We are all Boston Strong.