Rupi Kaur quotes can be filled with healing words for any individual and in adolescence, there is a lot you go through and grow through. In order to do so, you need to heal first.
1. “the universe took its time on you crafted you precisely so you could offer the world something distinct from everyone else so when you doubt how you were created you doubt an energy greater than us both”
This Rupi Kaur quote is amazing for someone who is blaming themselves and doubting their abilities to do what needs to be done. You were made to do what’s meant for you, if it is what’s meant for you, you will be able to do it. When you spend too much time doubting yourself, you’re wasting the time needed to accomplish what you’re doubting.
2. “Invest in the right people”
THIS. This Rupi Kair Quote is so relevant. Too many times in life people give chances and try to make situations work out with people who are not worth the investment. This isn’t always a relationship either, sometimes it’s a friendship. It’s important to learn that its okay to be selfish sometimes. You’re allowed to relinquish a relationship if it means you will finally be able to grow on your own. And you do not need to feel bad about that especially if it’s with a person who wouldn’t try half as hard to keep you in their life. If you’re reading this and someone is popping into your head, remember that.
3. “what is stronger than the human heart which shatters over and over and still lives”
For all my single friends reading this, heartbreak sucks. There are no if, and or buts about it (except this one) BUT remember your previous heartbreak, you got through that didn’t you? Your heart is stronger than it leads on. It can completely shatter and then you have the ability to build that Lil guy back up. Same as a broken bone, it needs a bit more attention for a bit and you have to take it easy but eventually its back and better. Sometimes a broken bone leaves a lasting effect as does a broken heart but you have the opportunity to grow from that.
4. “never feel guilty for starting again”
You don’t need a new year or a Monday to excuse starting over. Do it every other day if you want! Whatever will help you the most. Just like above, you should NEVER feel guilty for being selfish.
5. “trust your body it reacts to right and wrong better than your mind does”
My mom always said “trust your gut” when I was growing up and I always rolled my eyes because all I wanted was a solid answer when I had no idea what to do. When in reality, I did know what to do. I just didn’t want to make that call or follow through with what was best. When you’re in a tough spot and you get that flutter in your tummy or as some might say a “pit”, listen to that and follow it. It has your best intentions.
6. “do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you”
Basically what this Rupi Kaur quote is saying is, don’t get back together with your ex. When you’re healing from a broken heart it’s easy to fall back into what’s most comfortable and that’s going to be the person that you trusted with everything for some period. But you can’t heal from someone while leaning on them at the same time. You need to lean on yourself, friends or family at this time or you’ll never actually heal.
7. “I am sorry this world could not keep you safe may your journey home be a soft and peaceful one”
This Rupi Kaur quote is comforting in a time of healing from the death of a younger person. Death is hard, especially the death of a young person. When there is so much life ahead of someone and its cut short, it’s hard not to blame someone for this. In this case, when there isn’t always someone to blame, you blame the world. You have to find peace in them going to a place where they will always be safe and nothing can hurt them.
8. “the world gives you so much pain and here you are making gold out of it”
People will often say that the most change comes from a place of extreme sadness or anger. The world can be a nasty place but to be cliché, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Looking on the bright side of things can really change an outcome.
9. “fall in love with your solitude”
Stay single. Fall in love with yourself before you try to fall for anyone else. Being alone can be terrifying but it can also be incredible.
10. “if you are not enough for yourself you will never be enough for someone else”
Similar to what was said above, fall in love with yourself! You have to know how you like to be loved before you can allow another person to do that for you.
11. “I thank the universe for taking away everything it has taken and giving to me everything it is giving”
Like I said, the world can be nasty and mean but it may also know exactly what you need. Have you ever has a bad thing happen to you and think “Why is this happening? Why me? What did I do to deserve this?” that’s the world working. It takes some rough patches to get to where you’re supposed to be.
12. “you might not have been my first love but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant”
This quote isn’t as much about healing as it is accepting, which in its own can be a form of healing. Falling in love after heartbreak can be confusing and really hard. But once you can accept it and receive it in the way you should, it can be really magical.
13. “do you need me or do you need someone there is a difference”
There is a difference between being somebody and being anybody. This Rupi Kaur quote is saying exactly this. This can go for feeling as if you’re that anybody to a person or for yourself that is depending on anybody to feel validation. I promise you, it’s always better to wait for that somebody rather than settling for anybody.
14. “and here you are living despite it all”
You’re killin’ it. You’re dealt a tough deck of cards daily and here you are, still breathing. You’ve got this, you’re going to make it.
15. “they should feel like home a place that grounds your life where you go to take the day off”
This Rupi Kaur quote could help you deal with heartbreak as it can show you what you deserve rather than what you had. Whoever you’re with should be an escape from reality rather than making your reality harder than it already is.
16. “how you love yourself is how you teach others to love you”
This Rupi Kaur quote further proves that she is a big proponent in loving yourself before letting anyone else love you. Which for the record, she is completely validated in.
17. “you do not just wake up and become the butterfly”
Patience, young grasshopper (or caterpillar, I guess). Things take time, they take work as well. If you’re not willing to work, you’ll never be that butterfly. But the work and time you put into yourself will make that initial spread of your wings so incredible.
18. “if you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise”
You are born with every strength and weakness you will need to get through this life. These Rupi Kaur quotes are meant to empower you and this one alone should help in that.