The Ring and the Crown: Inspired Makeup Look
Who doesn’t love a great romance story filled with glamour, magic and royalty? This week on SR Trends, we are very excited to feature a whimsical beauty tutorial in honor of the release of The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz, the New York Times bestselling author of the Blue Bloods series and Witches of East End.
Packed with forbidden romances, magical powers and royal alliances, this fascinating story will be the perfect beach read this summer! Tell us what you think and use the #GlamofThrones .
One of our favorite parts of the book was the enchanting Bal du Drap D’Or. In this beauty tutorial, we created a colorful and whimsical look inspired by Princess Marie Victoria’s magical blue gown at the Ball. Follow the steps below to re-create this blue and gold smokey eye at home!
Get the look:
BEAUTY TUTORIAL Products you need: (you can use your own primer and foundation)
1) Start with a fresh face: Apply primer all over your face to smooth out your skin and to help makeup last all day. Hydrate your lips with lip balm, and then blot away the excess with a tissue.
2) Apply eye makeup first for easy eye shadow fallout cleanup, as dramatic eye shadows can cause loose product to get on your face. Apply eye shadow from your eyes outward, blending into your lids. Use black eyeliner along your top and bottom lash lines, blending into the blue eye shadow.
3) Apply gold sparkly liner right above your lash line, following the curve of the black eyeliner. Brush on flecks of gold eye shadow near the inner corners of your eyes and also on your brow bone.
4) Apply face makeup: You may need to use a powder brush to fluff off any eye shadow fallout. Use an airbrushing makeup brush to blend foundation on to the skin. Then, highlight your cheekbones with blush then dust on some bronzer right under your cheekbones for a subtle contouring effect. Lastly, follow the shape of your eyebrows with eyebrow color to define them.
5) Glue on false eyelashes. Use a minimal amount of glue, then allow it to partially dry for 30 seconds before placing it on the lids.
6) The end result!
Products for the look:
- 1) Urban Decay Naked Basics
- 2) Makeup For Ever eye shadow 159 intense matte blue
- 3) Makeup For Ever aqua liner in black and diamond gold
- 4) Urban Decay electric palette
- 5) Stila gold eye shadow
- 6) Laura Mercier blush lotus pink
- 7) Laura Mercier brow powder duo
- 8) Sephora false eyelashes
- 9) Marc Jacobs lip gloss sweet escape
ABOUT THE BOOK
Magic is power, and power is magic…Once they were inseparable, just two little girls playing games in a mighty castle. Now Princess Marie-Victoria, heir to the mightiest empire in the world, and Aelwyn Myrddyn, a bastard mage, face vastly different futures.
Quiet and gentle, Marie has never lived up to the ambitions of her mother, Queen Eleanor the Second. With the help of her Merlin, Eleanor has maintained a stranglehold on the world’s only source of magic. While the enchanters faithfully serve the crown, the sun will never set on the Franco-British Empire.
As the annual London Season begins, the great and noble families across the globe flaunt their wealth and magic at parties, teas, and, of course, the lavish Bal du Drap d’Or, the Ball of the Gold Cloth.
But the talk of the season is Ronan Astor, a social-climbing American with only her dazzling beauty to recommend her. Ronan is determined to make a good match to save her family’s position. But when she falls for a handsome rogue on the voyage over, her lofty plans are imperiled by her desires.
Meanwhile, Isabelle of Orleans, daughter of the displaced French royal family, finds herself cast aside by Leopold, heir to the Prussian crown, in favor of a political marriage to Marie-Victoria. Isabelle arrives in the city bent on reclaiming what is hers. But Marie doesn’t even want Leopold-she has lost her heart to a boy the future queen would never be allowed to marry.
When Marie comes to Aelwyn, desperate to escape a life without love, the girls form a perilous plan that endangers not only the entire kingdom but the fate of the monarchy.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Melissa de la Cruz is the author of many best-selling novels, including all the books in the Blue Bloods series:Blue Bloods, Masquerade, Revelations, The Van Alen Legacy, Keys to the Repository, Misguided Angel, Bloody Valentine, Lost in Time, andGates of Paradise. She lives in Los Angeles, California with her husband and daughter.
For more information about the book:
- Visit the official website
- Follow Melissa de la Cruz on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
- Follow Hyperion Teen on Twitter and Tumblr
*This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.