The new Snapchat update was released earlier this week… and most people are not happy about it. The update completely revamped the layout and usability of the platform; I’ve been using consistently since the first day of the release and I still can’t figure it out. Twitter is exploding with petitions, pleas to restore the old version and angry opinions, so we pulled the most relatable tweets that perfectly summarize our opinions on this ridiculous update:
1. Even Kylie Jenner isn’t happy about it.
New mom Kylie Jenner is the queen of Snapchat– she has the most followers on the platform by FAR. She took to twitter to ask her followers about the update…
Mm just saw the new Snapchat.. I don’t know how i feel about it! What do you guys think?
— Kylie Jenner (@KylieJenner) February 9, 2018
… and concluded it was not the greatest.
2. Don’t mess with Chrissy.
3. Not saying it’s Trump’s fault, but…
the snapchat update didn’t happen when obama was president das all i’m sayin
— 🌻Alexis🌻 (@ffuhsixela) February 10, 2018
4. This person took the liberty of writing Snapchat a letter on behalf of all of us.
Dear @snapchat ,
Your update is trash
— Brizzy frm da Blizzy (@_baldandboujee) February 11, 2018
5. And for the few that haven’t gotten the update yet… Snapchat autoupdate is coming for you…
Snapchat trying to update people who managed to still keep the old app. pic.twitter.com/vvtER6Ppmx
— Ben Hall (@MrBenLHall) February 12, 2018
6. … and it’s going to hit you hard.
— Harry Staines (@harrystaines__) February 12, 2018
7. Honestly, who thought of this layout and algorithm?
the snapchat update doesn’t even make sense there is no logic to it whatsoever i think they all just got wicked high and they were like “guys… time is a fucking illusion”
— Colleen Connare (@colleen_connare) February 12, 2018
8. The auto-update is what none of us asked for but got anyway, and is extremely reminiscent when we all somehow got U2’s album downloaded onto our phones.
this snapchat update is the worst thing to happen since U2’s album was downloaded to everyone’s phone
— Dory (@Dory) February 12, 2018
9. But seriously, has anyone managed to figure this sh*t out?
This Snapchat update is the equivalent to taking papers from class and throwing it in your backpack without putting it in a folder
— James Rugnetta (@James_Rugz) February 12, 2018
10. There must have been SOMEONE at Snapchat HQ who had a bad feeling about this.
The Snapchat employee who was against the update, but nobody listened to.. pic.twitter.com/7oXGzzo7Uk
— luisa (@luisagibsonxo) February 11, 2018
11. If the new Snapchat update was a person…
If the new snapchat update was a person pic.twitter.com/qzih6Ws0mc
— Mattie 🌷 (@topazairwin) February 11, 2018
12. Seriously, how does Snapchat even have the rights to autoupdate on people’s phones??
Did snapchat seriously just update itself?? This is like coming home to find my car started itself and crashed into a tree
— PAZ (@pazpaz) February 10, 2018
13. Waking up to the new Snapchat update like…
me waking up to the new snapchat update pic.twitter.com/L8PLyAInD2
— Parks and Recreation (@ParksAndRecPics) February 9, 2018
14. Oh the things we would go through to not have this update.
Things better than this new @Snapchat update:
• getting hit in the shins with a scooter
• camo cargo shorts
• stubbing your toes on the coffee table
• paper cuts in the webs of your fingers#boycottsnapchat
— Jackson Burdette (@jhburdette) February 9, 2018
15. Messy, packed, and busy…
The new Snapchat update looks like a Forever 21 store
— Brenna Fowler (@brenna_fowler) February 9, 2018
16. This guy is telling it like it is.
I️ think snapchat just provided the worst update a multi billion dollar company could ever possibly provide to an app that was so unique
— Bucks (@ryanhughestv) February 12, 2018
17. Could the new Snapchat update be a step back in technology?
“When you don’t know how to work the new snapchat update” pic.twitter.com/VeXeTUHSya
— jerry (@jerryidk) February 12, 2018
18. Ok, well at least there’s ONE good thing about the update.
Reason #1 of 1 why the Snapchat update is good: You can’t really tell who leaves you on read so therefore you can’t give a sh*t
— Kenzie Rae Moore (@kenzieraemoore) February 11, 2018
19. Anyone else seem to lose track of their friends with the new Snapchat update?
me trying to find my friends Snapchat stories after the update pic.twitter.com/dfGaVSUqlz
— Dory (@Dory) February 12, 2018
20. Aaaaannnnndddd it seems like we’re stuck with it for a while. Great.
The new snapchat update is like getting stuck with that weird roommate freshman year of college. It fucking sucks and you want to avoid him/her as much as possible
— Angelo (@iamangnapoli) February 12, 2018