Memorial Day will be here before you know it and with it will come the BBQ plans! It’s not ideal to show up to a party empty-handed, so here are some red, white, and blue do it yourself Memorial Day Food Ideas.
Red, White, And Blue M&M’s Cookie Bars
This delicious treat will have everyone going back for seconds and thirds! Recipe:
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Red White & Blue M&M’S, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
- Add M&M’s and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M’s and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M’S and mini chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Let cool completely and cut.
Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Peanut M&M’s in red, white, and blue
- Whoppers Candy
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment. Put your 4 cups of cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set both aside.
- Put the milk chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Use a large spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cereal. Gently mix as you drizzle, making sure to coat the cereal evenly.
- Place the powdered sugar in a 1 gallon zip-top bag.
- Carefully scoop the chocolate-coated cereal into the bag with the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake it to cover the cereal with the powdered sugar.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then spread it out onto the prepared baking sheet. let dry for 1 hour.
- Put your cereal back in the large bowl and gently mix in the Whoppers and M&Ms.
American Flag Marshmellow Pops
This cool treat is great for our list of Memorial Day food ideas! Its uniqueness is what everybody is going to love when you introduce them to this dessert! Recipe:
- Regular Sized Marshmallows
- Wilton Candy Melts – Red
- Wilton Candy Melts – Royal Blue
- Wilton Candy Melts – Bright White
- Wilton Lollipop Sticks
- Star Sprinkles
- For each Marshmallow Pop, find 3 marshmallows that are approximately the same size.
- Melt 20 Bright White Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave.
- Place two marshmallows on the lollipop stick and then using a spoon cover the marshmallows in the white candy melt mixture.
- Allow the candy to harden before you add a third marshmallow to the stick.
- Once the white candy melt mixture has completely cooled, repeat the procedure with the Wilton Royal Blue Candy Melts on the third marshmallow.
- Before the Royal Blue candy melts has cooled press the White Star sprinkles onto the Blue candy melt mixture.
- Place 15 Wilton Red Candy Melts into a Ziploc bag and microwave them until they are melted.
- Cut the tip off the bag and drizzle the red candy mixture over the white part of the marshmallow pops.