10 Reasons Why Having A Pet In College Is The Best
When you go to college, sometimes the hardest goodbye is the one you have to say to your pet from home. Then when you get to college, suddenly, little puppies and kittens become the best part of your day when you see them around campus, so why not get one of your own? Here are 10 reasons why having a pet in college is the absolute best!
1. The will always cuddle with you
Who needs a significant other when you can have a furry friend instead? They won’t ever leave you.
2. Pets have been proven to improve emotional well-being
Some of which include improved grades, better mental health, or better sleep.
3. They are always happy to see you
Whether it be greeting you at the door when you get home or getting overly excited for dinner, they are always happy to have you around. Having a pet in college has its perks!
4. You will never have to be alone
5. They will literally love you more than anything
You literally cannot do wrong.
You can always count on your pet to keep you company when you need it the most.
7. They provide excellent study breaks
Playing with your pet is a great way to spend breaks from the endless piles of flashcards and notes on your desk.
8. You will suddenly always have friends coming to visit you
You’ll realize how many friends you actually have when they all want to come over to meet your newest addition to the family.
9. They are a built-in security system
Animals sense things, annoying insects included.
10. Coming home to a pet will give you something to look forward to everyday
Rough day? No worries. Your lil friend is waiting for you at home dying to see you!
Let us know what you think about having a pet in college in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com
Alexandra is a finance and marketing major at the University of New Hampshire. Coffee connoisseur, tennis coach, and expert in the art of witty banter.