Fall isn’t just a time for cozying up by the fire, it’s also a time for great tasting food, and pumpkin spice cookie recipes are the perfect way you can make the ideal seasonal sweet treat in less than 30 minutes! No ordinary cookies, pumpkin spice cookies pack a seasonal zest that you’ll want to make again and again! Here are our top 10 pumpkin spice cookie recipes that you’ll never tire of.
1. Pumpkin Spice sugar cookies
For a moist, light and incredibly delicious pumpkin spice cookie with a sweet sugar crunch, try this recipe!
- Start by mixing a cup of butter and two cups of sugar into a large bowl before whisking in two large eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk three cups of flour, two tablespoons of pumpkin spice and cinnamon sugar, before beating together with the other mixture.
- Portion out the dough mixture before refrigerating for an hour. Then, roll dough into disks and use a cookie cutter if necessary, before baking for fifteen minutes until golden. Delish!
2. Salted caramel pumpkin cookies
Perfect for the caramel lover, these salted caramel cookies with a pumpkin zest are to die for this fall!
- Following the measurements of the cookie recipe above, mix together butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree, before separately mixing flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the two mixtures together and throw in scrumptious caramel chips before allowing to chill, baking for ten minutes. Wa-la!
3. Pumpkin spice tahini cookies
For another seasonal cookie delight but with an Eastern Mediterranean twist, tahini cookies are the ones!
- Start off by Whisking together a tablespoon of tahini, half a cup of maple syrup, half a cup of pumpkin puree and a teaspoon of vanilla extract before sprinkling in three teaspoons of pumpkin spice, one teaspoon of baking powder, and a cup of flour.
- After mixing, roll into balls and press down onto a baking tray before allowing to bake for twelve minutes.
4. Chewy toffee pumpkin spice cookies
If you prefer softer and chewier cookies then this is the recipe for you!
- After combining butter, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, add in brown and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Then, Sprinkle flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt over the top of the mixture until well combined, using toffee bits (if desired) and stir again.
- Then, bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool. They’ll be firm on the outside and perfectly soft and chewy in the middle, although it may take a couple of attempts to perfect!
5. Pumpkin spice snowball cookies
Another seasonal delight foreshadowing the winter months, these snowball cookies are great for impressing friends and family and taste amazing!
- Start by beating butter, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree in a large bowl.
- Follow this up by chopping up walnuts fine and adding them to the mixture along with flour until well blended.
- After portioning, bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden on the bottom before removing and allowing to cool for 5 minutes. Then, mix powdered sugar and a teaspoon of pumpkin spice in a bowl, before rolling each portion into the mixture, fully coating them, before and allowing to cool once more.
6. Pumpkin spice sandwich cookies
The recipe with a creamy sandwich-like filling, ideal for the sweet-tooth!
- Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in one bowl, and brown sugar and butter in another, beating until creamy.
- Then, in the sugar and butter bowl, add pumpkin, milk, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla before adding to the other mixture; beating together until well mixed.
- Bake for 10 minutes after portioning and allow to cool 2 minutes.
- For the sandwich filling, beat together cream cheese, two tablespoons of butter, a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and a teaspoon of vanilla, before adding in four cups of powdered sugar gradually until creamy.
- Finally, spread the filling onto the bottom side of half of the cookies before topping each one with the other cookies bottom-side down, Sprinkling them with powdered sugar.
7. Pumpkin spice pressed sugar cookies
With so much fall in every bite, these pressed sugar cookies are not to be slept on!
- Mix together butter, pumpkin puree, oil, and both sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt, mixing well.
- Then, add in flour and a teaspoon of pumpkin spice, mixing until combined.
- Using the bottom of a cup, press the cookies down until they are flat in the middle. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges just start to golden.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on a baking sheet before transferring and you’ll have delicious pressed sugar cookies with seasonal pumpkin zest!
8. Pumpkin spiced latte cookies
Perfect for the coffee-lover, these cookies combine the seasonal flavor of both pumpkins and those warming fall lattes you curl up with of an evening!
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and instant coffee granules.
- Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, clove, baking soda, and flour. Add the mixes together and fold in cinnamon chips before chilling the dough in a refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Then, portion out and bake for 13 minutes, allowing to cool before drizzling the coffee glaze on top for that extra latte flavor!
9. Pumpkin pie sugar cookies
- Start by mixing butter, both types of sugar, pumpkin puree, and flour, before portioning into balls and flattening with a cup, baking for 5 minutes.
- Then, flatten the center of the cookie again to make an indentation for pumpkin filling and baking for a further 8 minutes.
- Then, allow to cool before filling the cookie indents with orange icing and a dollop of whipped cream and you’ll have a pumpkin pie cookie that tastes like the real thing!
10. Cinnamon chip pumpkin spice cookies
This recipe brings out the best of fall flavor with a delightful seasonal cinnamon zest!
- Start by Melting butter and whisking it into both types of sugar, vanilla and pumpkin puree, until smooth.
- Then, in a separate bowl, toss together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and teaspoons of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, before Folding in the cinnamon chips.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes. Mix some granulated sugar and half a teaspoon of cinnamon and roll the portioned dough balls into the mixture until coated.
- Slightly flatten and bake for 10 minutes before sprinkling more cinnamon chips on top for the perfect seasonal cinnamon treat!