Whether you love her or you hate her, odds are you know who Taylor Swift is, and you have a strong opinion on her. Personally, I grew up with Taylor and her music. From her very first country album to her latest pop album, I have been drawn to the way she uses words to casually, yet poignantly, tell captivating stories. While her lyrics hold great meaning and emit lasting messages, the times she speaks directly to her fans are some of Taylor’s most treasured words. I’ve used advice from Taylor Swift several times in my life. Keep reading for 21 pieces of advice from Taylor Swift we could all use!
1. “You are not going no where just because you haven’t gotten to where you want to go yet.”
2. “I can’t promise you that you’ll ever live in a world where people don’t hurt your feelings, but I can promise you that if you keep on moving and taking one day at a time, the opinions and words of people who hurt you will matter less and less to you.
3. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”
4. “You are not damaged goods or muddy from your failed explorations, and you are not the opinion of someone who doesn’t know you.
5. “It’s all going to be okay. None of us know how our lives are going to turn out, and I think it’s best that way.”
6. “You have to be the judge of when to just take it easy on yourself.”
7. “You are a product of the lessons that you’ve learned, and you are wiser because you went through something terrible.”
8. “Hang on. It gets easier, and then it gets okay, and then it feels like freedom.”
9. “Your mindset is yours to control, and as hard as it is to step back from the situation and have blind faith that things will change for the better, it’s our only option other than ending up in a downward spiral.”
10. “You are your own definition of beautiful and worthwhile, and no one else’s.”
11. “So there’s a time for silent, and there’s a time for waiting your turn. But if you know how you feel, and you so clearly know what you need to say, you’ll know it. I don’t think you should wait. I think you should speak now.”
12. “We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.”
13. “Taking things one step at a time is an exhausting process, but I think one day you’ll look around and see that finding yourself wasn’t as terrifying as you thought it would be.”
14. “As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends and more important to have real ones.”
15. “I think we need to be a little kinder to ourselves, and I think that, if you can – please be mindful of the fact that every single person is going through something right now.”
16. “Sometimes we feel like we have no control over the endless waves of bad luck we seem to be experiencing, but one thing you do have control over is your outlook.”
17. “To me, fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts, lots of them. To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.”
18. “People cut other people down out of jealousy, because of something broken inside them, or for no reason at all. Just don’t let them change you, or stop you from singing and dancing around to your favorite song.”
19. “The words you stop yourself from saying are the words that will haunt you the longest.”
20. “I hope you know that who you are is who you choose to be, and that whispers behind your back don’t define you.”
21. “You and I both know there’s got to be some greater storyline for you than, ‘girl gets heart broken, was sad forever.’ I think a nice one would be, ‘girl gets her broken, was sad for a while, but in her heartbreak she found freedom, friends, and the ability to look back and laugh at all she’d learned.'”
I hope you all found these pieces of advice from Taylor Swift helpful and motivating! Stay you, Miss Swift.
What is your favorite piece of advice from Taylor Swift? Comment below and share the article!
Featured photo source: hitthefloor.com and buzzworthy.blogspot.austin260.com
Hallie Saculla is a senior at Kent State University where she is majoring in Magazine Journalism with a Fashion Media minor. A retired pageant girl at heart, she loves reading, shopping, and hiking. With a high value on international travel, Hallie hopes to one day live abroad and work in the fashion industry.