The University of California, Irvine is not just a place where students go to get a degree. No, it’s so much more than that. These 15 pictures represent a small piece of what my experience at UCI has been like so far, and will definitely make you wish you were packing your bags right now and starting at UC Irvine tomorrow!
1) The beauty of Aldrich Park.
2) UCI’s Quidditch Team practicing in Aldrich Park.
3) UCI’s Student Center features a terrace stage where artists come and perform!
4) A walk around the beautiful Aldrich Park makes going to class somewhat bearable.
UCI has one of the prettiest campus’ out there due to the beauty of Aldrich Park. Lying on the grass to study with friends is something that will never get old!
5) A quick look into what class is like in the Engineering Tower at UCI.
6) During Week 0 (the week before main classes start), ASUCI has many fun activities that all students can participate in.
One of these activities is the annual world record attempt! Every year, UCI competes to win a World Record Title! In September 2016, UCI Students came together in hopes that they win the largest game of 4 quadrant dodgeball!
7) Every year ASUCI presents “Soulstice!”
The student run UCI Talent Show! There’s dance, bands, solo and acapella Singing! Celebrity judges are invited and choose the winners of this exciting event! Soulstice 2017 included judges such as Adrian R’Mante (Esteban from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody) and Anneliese van der Pol (Chelsea Daniels from That’s So Raven.)
8) Another event that ASUCI puts on is Shocktoberfest!
Famous artists come to UCI for a wild night filled with music. Past artists include: Rae Sremmurd, Vic Mensa, and Ekali.
9) Leaders of UCI come together at the All-University Leadership Conference.
Student representatives from organizations all over campus learn ways to become better leaders through workshops, guest speakers, and enriching activities.
10) Several times per quarter, students are blessed with #puppies in order to de-stress before midterms or finals week.
Definitely worth it to take a break and pet some adorable pups!
11) UCI’s Student Wellness Center provides students with ways to spread positivity and love around campus.
12) In Spring 2017, UCI Men’s Volleyball Team made it to the MPSF Semifinals!
Two seniors (Michael Saeta and Tamir Hershko) won the All-American Second Team. Also, Saeta and Lucas Yoder placed 1st in the USA Volleyball Collegiate Beach Championship. You’ll definitely want to come out to a match!
13) Sadly, Brandywine Dining Commons will no longer be with us at UCI.
But, luckily Pippins and the Anteatery will always provide students with a satisfying meal. UCI Hospitality and Dining always manages to provide a substantial set of meals in their dining halls.
14) You can always count on UCI’s very own pep band to get the crowd going at basketball games.
The pep band plays catchy and fun songs that create an active atmosphere in the Bren Events Center.
15) Some members of the UCI Symphony Orchestra!
You won’t wanna miss catching them in concert at the end of each quarter.
Are u starting at UC Irvine soon? Let us know in the comments!
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com
Hello! My name is Hannah Koury (pronounced like 'Hana'), and I am a freshman at the University of California, Irvine majoring in Music - Oboe and minoring in Digital Filmmaking and Chinese. Go Anteaters!