Memorial day is approaching soon! It’s the day we support our troops and the first party of the summer! If you’re planning on hosting a Memorial day party or attending one, desserts might be an important item on your list. So why not be festive with it? Here are some Memorial Day dessert ideas.
4th Of July Brownie Bites
Yes, they are called 4th of July, but they can be used for Memorial Day as well! Delicious chocolate brownie bites topped with whip cream and berries will have everyone’s sweet tooth satisfied! Recipe:
- 16-18 brownie bites, store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5-6 strawberries, quartered
- 3 oz. blueberries
- To make whipped cream: Place cream and sugar in a chilled bowl, and using a hand held electric mixer beat on high until stiff peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a open star tip. Pipe whipped cream onto brownie tops and layer with strawberries and blueberries.
Red White And Blue Chocolate Cookies
Everyone loves cookies! You can’t forget to include them on your list of Memorial Day dessert ideas!
- 1 cup butter (Sweet Cream, Salted)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Bag Red White and Blue Holiday M&M Mix
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Mix in Eggs and Vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Mix in 3/4 of the bag of Red White and Blue M&M’s
- Roll dough into balls.
- Press a few of the remaining Red White and Blue M&M’s into the ball.,
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes.
Red White And Blue Milk Pops
What is great about this idea is that it is perfect for a those hot summer days. So if you’re Memorial Day BBQ falls on one of those beautiful, yet hot days your guests will be able to enjoys these to the fullest!
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 6 oz. strawberries, diced
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the blueberries and strawberries. Evenly divide the berries into 10 ice pop molds or paper cups. Pour the milk mixture over the berries. Top with sticks or holders.
- Freeze until frozen solid.
If ice cream is going to be part of you Memorial Day dessert ideas list, then you HAVE to make these festives cones to go with it!
1. Melt 1/4 cup of vanilla almond bark in the microwave for 90 seconds and stir.
2. Spoon the melted vanilla around the top of each ice cream cone and immediately cover with sprinkles.
3. NOTE: the almond bark cools rather quickly so you may have to reheat the vanilla if you have a lot of cones to decorate, otherwise the sprinkles will not stick to the cone.
4. Let set for 20 minutes.
Oreos has been a fan fave for years and years! You’re going to want to be this festive spin on them and serve em to your guest!
- Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup White Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup Red Candy Melts
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Shortening or lard, (to thin the candy melts a little)
- Patriotic Star Sprinkles
- Melt the white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, along with a tablespoon of shortening, heating for 20 second bursts and stirring in between until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Dip the OREOs halfway into the melted white candy, pull out, and let any excess candy drip off, and then double dip.
- Allow the white candy coating to dry.
- Melt the red candy melts using the same method outlined above. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted red candy over the white candy coating in straight stripes. Immediately sprinkle the Star sprinkles on top.