Step away from the Nutrigrain bar and put down the Pop-Tart. Just because you live in a dorm room doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice a delectable breakfast (or wake up painfully early to catch the dining hall meal). You can enjoy a tasty, indulgent breakfast right in the comfort of your dorm room with this microwave french toast in a mug recipe!
Bread (2 pieces or more depending on your mug size)
Maple syrup (the more the better!)
1/4 cup milk
Cinnamon (about a tsp)
Butter (about a tbsp)
A fork & knife
1. In the mug, mix the egg, milk, cinnamon and syrup (if you want, only pour in half the syrup and reserve the rest for when it comes out of the microwave).
2. Butter the bread and cut into cubes.
3. Stuff the bread cubes into the mug and mix so the bread is fully saturated.
4. Put it in the microwave for 2 minutes (keep on eye on it; the mixture will rise, so you might need to stop the cooking halfway so it doesn’t overflow. If this happens, simply pause the microwave, allow the mixture to settle, and continue cooking – repeating these steps until 2 minutes is through).
5. Top off your microwave french toast with more syrup, chocolate chips, fruit…or whatever your creative foodie spirit desires!
Ladies, we all know what it is like to suffer from all the awful things that come along with having a…
Finals came to an end, and we practically couldn’t wait to pack our bags and head back home. We get…
ESU is what I like to call “my own little snow globe". We are a small community, a home away…