If you’re a woman looking for inspiration, the best place to look is at your fellow women. Women are filled with wisdom that helps motivate others to live their lives and find success in their own right. From writers, to entertainers, to entrepreneurs, there is a number of women out there filled with the knowledge and experience to encourage other women to achieve what they want and live the best life the can create for themselves. I have compiled my favorite inspirational quotes by women for women to drive you to achieve what you want out of life.
1. “I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.”~Charlotte Bronte
This inspirational quote comes from a woman named Jane Eyre from Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre. It exemplifies the importance of respecting yourself. The quote might seem harsh and isolationist, but at its core it reminds us that we have to stay true to who we are. We cannot let the opinions of others or our dependence on others dictate who we are. Respect yourself and others will follow. This is one of our favorite inspirational quotes by women!
2. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.”~Oprah Winfrey
Most of the time, fear gets in our way of doing the things we want to do. Whether it is trying a new recipe you think is difficult, trying that new dance class you’re curious about, or asking for that promotion you know you are ready for, you should never be afraid to fail. Failure is the foundation for growth. You learn from your mistakes and you try again. Living life with precaution could only take you so far. You have to be willing to take risks.
3. “What you perceive as “liberal” is my independence to choose what I do, with whom and when. Moreover, it also means that I may choose not to do it, with anyone, ever.”~Ana Castillo
Having control over your own life choices is important as a woman. For most of history women have been perceived as the followers of men. The choices we make are often seen as being dictated by a man, especially after marriage. Fortunately, women have been taking matters into their own hands and leading their own lives. This quote reminds us to take charge of our own futures. This is one of the best inspirational quotes by women.
4. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the powers we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” ~J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling knows a thing or two about magic, but she also knows a thing or two about the power of imagination. This inspirational quote from this magical woman reminds us that we have power. We should never underestimate the power we hold within ourselves to create, change, and imagine different futures for ourselves. We should never fear our power, we should embrace it.
5. “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.”~Estee Lauder
When people know you as a successful person already, it is hard for them to imagine you as struggling to reach that success. However, you must never forget the journey you took to reach that success. People might try to discredit you. But you must honor the obstacles you had to overcome to get to where you are. It will help you appreciate the success you have now.
6. “Embrace your mistakes. They make you who you are.”~Beyonce
Often times, women are pressured to be perfect. Society wants a woman to be skilled at their craft, but also perfect in other ways. She must always be polite and happy and never ever make a mistake. Queen Bey would like to differ. Trying to be perfect all the time could be stressful. You will never be happy. Instead, learn to grow from the mistakes you make. Fail better!