Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gets your metabolism going. It will allow you to eat well throughout the whole day, and not binge on unhealthy food.
With the busy lives that all of us live, it is sometimes difficult to make breakfast count on the go. It can make it difficult to make breakfast a priority. All it takes is a little bit of preparation and motivation to make it happen. These options will allow you to make time to eat and putting your needs ahead of the busy part of the day.
Who says crockpots are only used to make dinner. A crockpot can be used for just about any meal you can think of, especially breakfast. Go to bed and wake up with breakfast prepared. There is one less thing that you have to do in the morning. Making it no excuses for not having breakfast. Who does not like a nice warm breakfast. There are a lot of recipe options to choose from just start searching your favorite foods and see if there is a crockpot version and give it a try. Here is one recipe that you should consider trying in your crockpot.
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
A great recipe that you should try is from Corey, and she runs the Family Fresh Meal. If you want to try more crockpot breakfast meals visit her site here.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. you can use frozen hash browns, just cook for 8-9 hours, instead of the 7-8
- 1 pound of bacon or veggie Morning Star bacon- cooked drained and cut into pieces. (feel free to substitute with your favorite breakfast meat..sausage, ham, etc.)
- 1/2 cup onions – diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper. I recommend an additional pinch of salt and pepper for each layer of hash browns
- Beat 12 eggs until well blended.
- Next, beat in milk and garlic powder, mustard, 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Layer potatoes (I suggest to season each potato layer taste…..a small pinch of salt and pepper) and sprinkle 1/3 of the onions.
- Next, sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon.
- Last but not least, top with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat this layering 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers….ending with cheese.
- Take your egg mixture and pour over layers. For refrigerated hash browns, cook for 6-7 hours on low. For frozen hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low or until eggs are set.
You can visit the site for more information!
The Best Breakfast Smoothie
The Best Breakfast Smoothie recipe is from Lee Hersh from FitFoodie Finds. She has specialized in providing recipes for healthy smoothies. The smoothie is really simple to make. All you are going to need are these ingredients:
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons rolled oatmeal
- ¼ cup of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup almond milk
Just put everything in the blender and blend everything together until it is smooth. Then serve, and you are all ready to walk out of the door with a smoothie that should have you feeling full until lunchtime.
If you want to check out more recipes, then visit Lee Hersh’s site here and see all the different breakfast smoothie options you can create on the go.
There are several options for a breakfast bar. Healthy meal options can sometimes be challenging to reprepare because it has a shorter freshness one cooked or cut. That should not stop you because healthy food options promote healthy digestion and give your body some of the nutrients that you need to support your body. When deciding on the food to choose, just think about the food groups and try to meet them. The kind bars can be purchased at just about any grocery store or online. Just add fruit, and you are good to go.
Greek Yogurt can enhance any breakfast that you have on the go. It is a healthy option by offering you calcium, probiotics, and proteins. The greek yogurt will sustain you for the morning with a boost to your metabolism, and improve digestive health. There is a large selection to choose from. You can add the protein breakfast bar and fruit and you will be able to make it through the morning.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and your busy life should not take away from that. There are several ways that you can make breakfast on the do depending on if you have time to sit quickly or just have enough time to visit the kitchen and walk out the door. Whatever time that you have you should try and make breakfast a priority because your health is important. These options will help you kick start your metabolism and make good food choices throughout the day. Get started tomorrow with having a good breakfast!
If you are the type of person, who likes to hit the snooze button and wake up at the last possible moment, these are some great on-the-go-type breakfast ideas. All you need to do is swing by the refrigerator on your way out of the door. There is no excuse not to have breakfast, and some of the options can be healthy, depending on your needs in the morning.
It is not a meal that is going to keep you fuel for the whole morning but long enough until you give yourself a morning snack. These ideas will not take you much time. Especially if you are that person that wakes up late. A quick pickup meal is excellent for you. Grab a protein bar and a banana, instant oatmeal and barries, a quick fruit smoothie, or greek yogurt and granola. If you are a person that wants more protein to walk out of the house with, you could buy microwaveable breakfast sandwiches.