You wake up early and realize you have a couple minutes before you have to head out. What will you do?! Well, of course, you will make a delicious smoothie to start your day.
Love smoothies but need them to also be smooth on the sugar and fat? You are not here by mistake as this article will provide you with some of the best healthy smoothie recipes that will have you just right.
1. Banana-Oat Smoothie
This Martha Stewart recipe will have you full of protein and fiber with this healthy smoothie recipe you are just dying to try. Listed below is everything you will need to complete this healthy smoothie recipe:
- (1/4) cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- (1/2) cup of plain low-fat yogurt
- (1)banana, cut into thirds
- (1/2) cup of fat-free milk
- (2) teaspoon of honey
- (1/4) teaspoon of ground cinnamon
These are great ingredients for a lean smoothie and no doubt delicious. The preparation is pretty simple as well. Just throw it into a blender and you are ready to receive your daily dose of protein and fiber. There’s more where that came from, so keep reading.
2. Blueberry Pie Smoothie
This healthy smoothie recipe is brought to you by Erin from Well Plated. I hear it tastes just like blueberry pie! Sounds yummy right? Oh just wait until you get whiff of what this healthy smoothie recipe contains. Here is a list of the ingredients.
- (1/2) cup of frozen blueberries
- (1/2) medium frozen banana, cut in slices
- (1/4) cup of plain no-fat Greek yogurt
- (2) tablespoons of old fashioned rolled oats
- (1/2) tablespoon of almond butter
- (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (1/2) teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- (1/4) cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
There you have it, the base ingredients for this smoothie but this healthy smoothie recipe only gets better. These are two of the optional ingredients.
- (1/2) scoop of unflavored or vanilla bean powder
- (1-2) teaspoons of pure maple syrup
Next just add everything to the blender and blend. If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time. Whether or not you include these optional ingredients you will be satisfied with the end result. But wait, there’s more!
3. Piña Colada Green Monster Smoothie Recipe
Just the sound of this smoothie makes my mouth water. How about you? This smoothie is packed with greens and fruits for health and flavor purposes. Ready to see what amazing ingredients make up this healthy smoothie recipe? Here goes:
- (1) cup of loosely packaged baby kale or sub regular kale
- (1) banana, (frozen bananas makes the smoothie thicker)
- (1/2) cup of frozen pineapple pieces
- (1/2) cup of canned light coconut milk, (shake well first)
- ice cubes, (not required)
- sweetener of choice (optional)
The bananas are added by the discretion of the author on The Chic Life. They are not usually in Piña Coladas but are are a great base for smoothies.
Add everything to the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. If you want it thicker, add more ice to the blender. If you’re like my mama you will want it sweet. I would add some honey or just some sweet fruit juice. Pineapple juice sounds great. You will be making another before you’re finished with the first serving!
4. Creamy Coconut Cinnamon Smoothie
Add this smoothie to your list of healthy smoothie recipes and make your life a whole lot more healthier. Here are the ingredients:
- (1 1/2) cups of milk
- (1) medium frozen banana
- (1) heaping teaspoon of coconut cream concentrate
- (1/2) teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- (1) teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
How does that sound? Awesome right? Next, you will just need to add the contents to the blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds or until everything is well blended together. During this process, you will want to slowly drizzle the virgin coconut oil into the smoothie.
Have you had taste-gasm yet?
5. Almond Oat Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is specifically a breakfast smoothie brought to you by Christie Daruwalla. It will have you off to a good start, ready to tackle any obstacles coming your way. Enough fluff! Are you ready for the recipe?
Well here goes:
- (1/2) cup of gluten free old-fashioned oats
- 8 ounces of fresh strawberries (preferably frozen)
- (1) large banana
- (1/4) cup of almond flour
- (1 1/2) cups of unsweetened almond milk
- (1) cup of ice (preference, excluded from the author’s recipe)
The almond flour was a different addition to this smoothie. It was using as a thickening agent while also making the smoothie gluten free. Great choice. This makes the smoothie a perfect option for people of varying dietary restrictions.
6. Tropical Paradise Smoothie
Bet you weren’t expecting another one! This is one of the best healthy smoothie recipes for my vegan readers or maybe you just need a smooth transition to tofu. Either way, allow me to blast you away with this smoothie brought to you by Danielle Harlan. These are the ingredients:
- (1/2) cup tofu
- (1) cup orange juice
- (3/4) cup kale
- (1) banana
- (1) cup pineapple
This could be fun to try, mainly because I’ve never has a smoothie with tofu. It can go two ways, 1. the best experience I’ve ever had with tofu or 2. something I will never try again, for future reference. The kale also seems like a great touch, pineapple is the best addition by far!
Well, by now you’ve discovered that I am utterly in love with pineapples. Let’s get started on those smoothies because these healthy smoothie recipes are such a catch. Who’s to say you don’t have any healthy smoothie recipes just lying around waiting to be shared? Why not post them below ad maybe you can find your healthy smoothie recipe twin.
Best case scenario, you find a new ingredient to add to your smoothie routine. Worst case scenario, you find out your recipe is not the best healthy smoothie recipe.
Featured Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/766949011512296383/?nic_v1=1aiWs8E32rpGZpTN1udcugXW9lTted6UdovfndRVY%2B%2BydoSbtYRvq2ovy9fz4MAzuY
Alacia Murray is pursuing her B.A. in Creative Writing at Agnes Scott College. She loves to read, write, play old board games, and eat. Writing is her passion because it gives her the opportunity to express herself in a safe space. She loves to encourage people with her writing.