Being from the suburbs of Chicago is a unique and awesome experience. You’re anywhere from 20-50 minutes outside of a great city, you get the perfect mix of urban and country life, and you get to meet people from all over the world who come to the city. If you leave your beloved Chi-town area, you are sure to notice some unique aspects of your life and personality that you’ve picked up from being brought up in the ‘burbs. Here are 15 signs you grew up in the suburbs of Chicago!
1. Portillos is and always will be your favorite go-to fast-food.
2. You will forever brag about the Cubbies finally winning the Series.
3. Chicago deep dish is the best kind of pizza there is, no arguments.
4. Taking the train into the city to visit has become second nature.
5. The Willis Tower will always be the Sears Tower in your mind.
6. You are probably a Bears fan, even if you admit it a little begrudgingly (2017 will be our year, just watch).
7. North Avenue Beach is a must in the summer.
8. -20° wind chill? No big deal. We are used to it.
9. Along with cold temperatures, we are also used to it being 40° in the morning and 80° by 1 p.m.
10. It is blasphemy if you put ketchup on your hotdog. BLASPHEMY!
11. Lollapalooza is the highlight of your entire summer.
12. You refer to Chicago and Lake Michigan as “the city” and “the lake.”
13. Speaking of the lake, you definitely know the difficulties of “lake effect”.
14. It’s called pop, not “soda”.
15. When people ask where you’re from, you always say Chicago regardless of the fact that you’re probably 45 minutes outside the actual city limits.
Do you have any other signs you grew up in the suburbs of Chicago?! Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit