*8 Great Cocktails For Any Grown Cocktail Party
While we get older we soon realize that our tolerance to force down the convenience of Four Lokos, Natty Light, and Capriccios becomes nonexistent. Sometimes we want to trade in a frat party for a cocktail party. I do not know about you but I think our ever maturing palates deserve a quality drink from time to time, so here are great cocktails for any grown cocktail party. Cheers!
1. Moscow Mule
Popularly served in a copper mule, a Moscow Mule is a refreshing ginger-infused beverage with a hint of lime. Perfect as an outdoor refreshment.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 1/2 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Fill a copper mug or a tall cocktail glass with ice.
- Add vodka and lime juice.
- Fill the glass to the top with ginger beer.
- Give the drink a quick stir, top with garnish if desired, then serve cold
2. Cape Cod
A glorified Vodka Cranberry, a Cape Cod is a crisp tangy cocktail that is one of the simplest to make, not requiring much effort or detail. Although may be simple, it still remains fruity and refreshing.
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add vodka then add cranberry juice.
- Stir well.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime wedge into the drink then drop the wedge into the glass.
Ever wanted to add a little bit of the tropics to your champagne? A blushing mimosa is quenching cocktail that is sociable acceptable to drink in the morning. Looks like a win to us!
- 2 cups orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 1 bottle (750 mL) of champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Stir together first 3 ingredients to create a juice mixture.
- Pour equal parts juice mixture and champagne into champagne flutes.
Limoncello Prosecco is a light lemony refresher that is ideal when the seasons change and the weather begins to warm up. The perfect addition for a Spring time cocktail party.
- 750 ml prosecco
- 1 cup limoncello, chilled
- garnish: blueberries, thyme, lemon slices
- Add the prosecco and limoncello liquor to a pitcher and stir.
- Place a handful of blueberries in a glass, top with ice and fill with the limoncello prosecco. Garnish with thyme and lemon slices.
Lovers of tequila, that would like a different take on a classic margarita, is in for a treat with Grapefruit Margaritas. A healthy citric juice that offers the perfect levels of tart and sweet, is perfect for those Summer cocktail parties with friends.
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- Add all the ingredients into a large pitcher and stir together.
- Serve over ice.
- Salted rim, optional.
Easily a crowd favorite for it’s fruity mixture of sweet divulgence, Sangria is classic that is welcomed at any grown cocktail party. It takes the best of the alcohol family, wine and liquor, and blends it into a savory sustenance. While one of the more complex cocktails on the list it is well worth the effort.
- 1 bottle Pinot Noir, or other fruity low-tannin red wine, chilled
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup thinly sliced seasonal fruit (apple or pear, strawberries, peaches or nectarines, pineapple)
- 1 small lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1-2 tablespoons liquid cane sugar
- To prepare the orange, slice it in half. Squeeze the juice of one-half of the orange into a pitcher. Thinly slice the remaining half of the orange and place the slices into the pitcher.
- Add the prepared seasonal fruit and lemon. Add the brandy and 1 tablespoon of liquid sugar cane. Pour the wine into the pitcher and stir to combine. Taste, and add another tablespoon of liquid sugar cane if it is not sweet enough for your liking.
- You can serve this sangria immediately, or let it marinate for 2 to 8 hours for more fruity flavor.
- Serve in wine glasses with a few ice cubes to keep it chilled.
Not your usual cup of lemonade, Rosewater Lemonade offers a fit vitality from the rosewater while being the perfect spring cocktail refresher.
- 2 tablespoons rosewater water
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 2 oz vodka
- Combine all ingredients over ice and shake.
- Top with a rose for garnish. Yield 1 serving.
8. Gatsby 7
While a we may not have the fixings the throw a party as grand as Jay Gatsby, a cocktail just as sweet as the festivities itself will do. A Gatsby 7 is the perfect breezy cocktail for a grown cocktail party outdoors.
- 1/2 oz lime
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz organic apple juice
- 1/2 oz apple brandy
- 11/2 oz gin
- Club Soda
- Shake, pour into a tall glass over ice, top with soda.