Let’s face it; women are pretty bad-ass. We are capable of anything; even when the odds are stacked against us. Sophia Amoruso, Nasty Gal founder, is the ultimate example. #GIRLBOSS, is an autobiography about her teen years. Amoruso, with a net worth of $280 million, used to commit petty theft and rummage through dumpsters for food and clothing. Being a Girl Boss means fully knowing, embracing and working on yourself. We work hard, we play hard and we chase after our goals. Essentially being a Girl Boss means taking charge of your own life circumstances – it’s pretty empowering if you haven’t fully channeled your inner Girl Boss. Whether you have or haven’t, here are 20 Girl Boss quotes that will empower you to kick ass. These Girl Boss quotes will show you how to be a Girl Boss and conquer life.
1. “No matter where you are in life, you’ll save a lot of time by not worrying too much about what other people think about you. The earlier in your life that you can learn that, the easier the rest of it will be.”
2. “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.”
3. “Money looks better in the bank than on your feet.”
4. “It’s cool to be kind. It’s cool to be weird. It’s cool to be honest and to be secure with yourself.”
5. “You don’t get taken seriously by asking someone to take you seriously. You’ve got to show up and own it. If this is a man’s world, who cares? I’m still really glad to be a girl in it.”
6. “Make a schedule for yourself that incorporates time for phone calls to catch up with your annoying family and friends, sex with your boyfriend, exercise, dinners, therapy, parties, texting, social networking, mani-pedis, shopping, and the work that’s gonna get you paid to maintain the lifestyle you so desire! Create boundaries and structure! You have to be your own parent!”
7. “You don’t get what you don’t ask for.”
8. “Good old-fashioned manners can get you very far.”
9. “When you approach everything as if it’s a big, fun experiment, then it’s not that big of a deal if things don’t work out.”
10. “Naturally, every boyfriend comes with an ex-girlfriend, every business comes with competitors, but it is entirely up to you to decide how much time you spend thinking about them.”
11. “If you believe that what you’re doing will have positive results, it will—even if it’s not immediately obvious.”
12. “If you listen only to those around you, the chances of your dreams coming true are very small.”
13. “#GIRLBOSS, when your time spent making money is significantly greater than your time spent spending money, you will be amazed at how much you can save without even really thinking about it.”
14. “If you’re frustrated because you’re not getting what you want, stop for a second: Have you actually flat-out asked for it? If you haven’t, stop complaining. You can’t expect the world to read your mind. You have to put it out there, and sometimes putting it out there is as simple as just saying, “Hey, can I have that?”
15. “It’s unfortunate that school is so often regarded as a one-size-fits-all kind of deal. And if it doesn’t fit, you’re treated as if there is something wrong with you; so it is you, not the system, which is failing.”
16. “If you approach everything in your life with a certain degree of intention, you can affect the outcome. At the absolute minimum, you will affect how you feel about the outcome and that is ultimately what matters the most.”
17. “Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up. —Pablo Picasso”
18. “A #GIRLBOSS knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them.”
19. “It’s just recognizing the fact that we control our thoughts and our thoughts control our lives.”
20. “My advice to aspiring #GIRLBOSSes: As hard as it is, stop caring so much about what other people think. Find a way to hear what you want. Recognize what is your dream. And then put everything you have into that: your work, the relationships you surround yourself with, the food you put in your body. Everything you have control over in your world should feed that dream and make you feel like a #GIRLBOSS!”
Amoruso is just one of the many Girl Bosses who are surfacing. Hopefully her Girl Boss quotes inspire you to take charge of your life. Use your voice and realize that you are a complete bad ass capable of getting what you set out to achieve. It’s only a matter of time before girls start running to you for Girl Boss quotes.
Let us know what you think about these Girl Boss quotes in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com
Hi, I'm Leah, a Los Angelino living in Boston! I'm a grad from Northeastern University with a Bachelors from the College of Arts, Media and Design. I'm obsessed with going on adventures, photography, writing, being a Taurus and finding hidden gem restaurants, musicians and places to travel. I live for tacos and you can't keep me away from a cute farm stand. I also live for Instagram ... oops!