FSU is known for a lot of things. We’ve got a winning football team, a party school reputation, and we’re frequently in the news for all kinds of antics, so America is familiar with the Noles. But what is it like to actually attend the (in)famous Florida State University? Here’s a quick look at what it’s actually like to be a student at FSU, told in GIFs because nothing is more relatable than the perfect GIF.
1. You walk to class in all kinds of weather conditions.
And arrive soaking wet, be it from sweat or rain. Unless it’s one of those 4 days a year that’ll be freezing and require winter clothing that no one in Florida owns.
2. You can easily detect when someone is a freshman.
Clue #1: They’re at Publix during the first week of school, loading up on protein bars and microwave meals for their dorms, most likely accompanied by a parent.
3. Your mood is shot when someone mentions UF.
There is no need to taint FSU’s beautiful campus with that kind of garbage.
4. When you’ve been looking for a parking spot for an eternity and your class starts in 3 minutes.
Never calculate how many Netflix series’ you could have finished in the time you spent finding parking at FSU over four years. You don’t want to know.
5. When someone enters the parking garage and guides you to their spot so you can take it.
P.S. Be that person!
6. Walking through the union to get to class on a Wednesday.
Because Market Wednesday is a blessing and a curse.
7. You judge everyone at Coli.
Which is half the fun.
8. You at Coli.
Because if you wanted to have a tame night, you wouldn’t have chosen Coli!
9. You pick your friends up from the bar.
After all they’d do it for you too, and it’s more fun to have your friend take you to get drunk food than to have an Uber driver do it.
10. You mentally break down every time you think about graduating.
No one wants their time at FSU to end, and realizing that it will someday is dually heartbreaking and terrifying.