10 GIFs That Accurately Describe What It’s Actually Like To Be A Student At St. John’s University
St. John’s University is a school of about 21,000 students, yet there are experiences that all of us Johnnies, no matter if you’re an incoming freshman or graduating senior, have gone through. Even though we can’t possibly meet everyone on campus there are is an extensive list of things that connect us all. Here are 10 GIFs that describe what it’s like to be a student at St. John’s.
1. Taking any of the DNY, Theology, and Philosophy required core classes.
We go to a Catholic school so I understand Theology… but DNY? Like we aren’t going to discover New York on our own for the next four years.
2. When Public Safety Sends you that snow day text.
This is when you send that “liquor store run?” text.
3. Waking up after a drunk night out and hearing what you did… with snaps to prove it.
But you just weren’t scandalized enough. So part 2 goes down again tonight.
4. Every other school on spring break when they find out St. John’s had theirs back in February.
This break doesn’t even make sense St. John’s, because just two weeks earlier we were on our winter break.
5. When all the orgs you’re interested in decide to have a meeting during common hour.
Missing the General Body Meetings usual mean missing everything else too. It’s all about priorities; The Red House Fashion Club or Java Johnnies?
6. But then finding out the event you’re attending is serving free food.
All college students are on a budget, okay? But when you don’t have a meal plan and Marillac’s prices are just too much for those pockets, events like the multicultural affair is a blessing.
7. Seeing a cute boy at a party that doesn’t go to St. John’s.
This makes it more likely that another girl on your floor hasn’t had him. Better jump on it.
8. Every time SJUMobile wifi decides it just doesn’t want to work (everyday).
SJUMobile either works really well or not at all. Us Johnnies know that there’s rarely an in between.
9. Trying to figure out where all the ALSFA Greek life went.
….and patiently waiting for it to come back.
The Strip is downright boring now. I need the strolls and the shimmy’s back in my life honey.
10. When the shuttle bus is nowhere in sight, and you’re 10:40 starts in 10 minutes.
What is the point of the shuttle bus schedule if even the drivers don’t follow it? I’ve walked from the pickup to Henley in less time that the shuttle takes to get there.
How would you describe what it’s like to be a student at St. John’s University?
Featured image source: St. John’s University
As a young woman going to college in NYC, life can be absolutely amazing...or absolutely hell. One thing is definite though, I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had for anything else and going to school here has been a once in a lifetime experience. I've been to Europe, met potential life-long friends, and shed layers of myself I no longer needed. My articles will serve as an insight to the life experiences almost everyone can relate to, spiced up with my own perspective. Follow me so we can laugh together, cry together, and even talk about the crazy season finales of Games of Thrones and Shameless.