Dry skin can be an issue that lot’s of us face, especially during the hot summer months. That’s why it’s important to take the right steps to keep your skin Happy, Healthy, and Hydrated.
Here’s a few of my favorite DIY face masks that will cover those three H’s, leaving your skin feeling and looking great this summer!
- Note: Before starting any of these DIY face masks, it’s important to open your pores so the mask can penetrate into your skin, leaving your face with all the best benefits! To do this, run a soft towel under warm water and press it onto your face until you feel like your pores have been opened. Then you can begin putting on whichever of these DIY face masks you choose. Have fun!
Cooling Cucumber And Aloe Vera Mask
It’s known that aloe vera is great for skin that has spent a little too much time under the sun. When combining aloe vera’s soothing and hydrating components with the cooling and cleansing powers of cucumbers, you get an excellent mask perfect for the summer!
Aloe vera is also great for reversing the effects of age, and the cucumber will leave your skin feeling very refreshed! All you will need for this face mask is:
- 1 Cucumber
- Organic Aloe Vera Gel (or your favorite type!)
- To begin, you will cut half of the cucumber into slices and then blend them together until watery. You can do this with a blender or even mashing them with a fork. Save a couple slices of cucumber to put over your eyes while you relax with the mask on your skin if you like!
- Next add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix until smooth.
- Leave this on your skin for about 30 minutes or until dry. Place some cucumber slices over your eyes if you like, and relax.
- Then rinse off with some cool water and pat your skin dry with your softest towel.
- Moisturize as usual to lock in that Happy, Healthy, and Hydrated skin!
Dreamy Cocoa Hydration Mask
Next on our list of DIY face masks is a completely edible and amazing mask for hydration. Cocoa powder does wonders for your skin, as it is a great antioxidant that will also boost collagen! It’s also very soothing.
The creamy ingredient in this mask is avocado, which is super hydrating as well as anti-aging. Then the honey is antibacterial as well as moisturizing!
If you have trouble with breakouts, add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the mask and that will help to fight pesky breakouts. Here’s a list of the ingredients and instructions:
- Organic Raw Cocoa Powder
- Raw or Manuka Honey
- Optional Cinnamon
- First mash together 1/4 of your avo.
- Next add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- If you would like, add a dash of cinnamon to fight breakouts!
- Leave on mask for about 10-15 minutes while you sit back and relax.
- Then wash off with warm water and moisturize as usual.
Moisturizing Honey And Green Tea Mask
The next face mask combines the hydrating and antibacterial effects of honey with the soothing and anti-aging properties of green tea. Green tea also contains an antioxidant which helps fight the damage of the sun’s powerful UV rays on your skin, as well as many other benefits! All you will need is:
- 2 Green Tea Bags
- Raw or Manuka Honey
- First soak 2 green tea bags in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Next open up the bags and empty the leaves into a small bowl so you can mix the mask!
- Then add 1-2 tablespoons of honey to the leaves and combine the ingredients until they’re mixed evenly.
- Leave this on for about 10 minutes and then wash off with your favorite gentle cleanser. You’re face will really thank you after this calming and hydrating treatment!
Brightening And Hydrating Strawberry Yogurt Mask
The last of our DIY face masks is a brightening strawberry yogurt mask. The strawberries bring powerful antioxidants to the mix while the yogurt will wash away dead skin cells. Then the honey will again add that hydrating and antibacterial factor! All you need is:
- 3 Ripe Strawberries
- Organic Greek Yogurt
- Raw or Manuka Honey
- First blend together the strawberries.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir until smooth, and leave on your skin for around 10-15 minutes. If your skin is on the oily side, you can leave it on closer to 15 minutes. If your skin tends to be more dry, then stick to around 10 minutes for best results!
- Next rinse off with warm water and then splash with a little cool water to refresh your skin!