Dates are all fun and games until you run out of things to talk about. I’m sure we’ve all been on a date where you run through the basics, “where’d you go to school?” “what do you do?” “tell me about your family,” and then the conversation just stops. The temptation to grab your phone and text an SOS to your best friend or to start knocking back alcohol seems appealing in these moments of terror. If you ever find yourself in this prickly situation, here are some fun date questions to get things rolling on your next date!
1. What’s the last book you read?
Here’s hoping that the last book they read isn’t To Kill A Mockingbird from the ninth grade!
2. What kind of music do you listen to?
If you like the same music, it’s a match made in heaven.
3. What was your first pet?
This will surely bring out some childhood nostalgia because who doesn’t love talking about their first dog or cat??
4. Where have you traveled?
This doesn’t have to just be about where they’ve gone abroad. There are amazing locations even in the most mundane-seeming places!
5. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?
This is a great way to see what kind of dreams and creativity your date has!
6. What would you do if you won the lottery?
This question always leads to a funny story!
7. What are your favorite TV shows?
A very important topic to cover for those days when you sit on the couch together for hours of binge-watching.
8. Can you play an instrument?
It’s always fun to uncover a hidden talent!
9. What’s your most irrational fear?
Hopefully what they’re scared of doesn’t bother you.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Fingers crossed they don’t say the suburbs.
11. What grade was your favorite in school?
Maybe they had a really good teacher or just a great group of friends, but learning about your date’s past is important.
12. Have you ever moved?
Whether they’ve moved from California to North Dakota or they’ve lived in the same house their entire life, it’s interesting!
13. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Maybe it’s just me, but I always think it’s so funny to hear who people find irresistible.
14. What was your first kiss like?
First kiss stories are guaranteed to be funny!
15. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Don’t be afraid to share some secrets on a date.
16. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Maybe this could help you pick out your next date together!
17. What was your best birthday?
Again, this could open up some childhood nostalgia that’s always great to talk about.
18. Would you rather time travel to the past or the future?
These types of meaningless fun date questions can lead to great debates if you have differing answers.
19. Is water wet?
The greatest question of our time…
20. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Knowing someone’s little neuroses is important for a new relationship.
21. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Some people wanted to be Superman and some people wanted to be exactly what they are now. Find out which category they fall into.
22. What is your “fun fact” that you tell people when you first meet?
Everyone has a default answer to this question.
23. What’s your favorite holiday?
Who knows, it might be flag day!
24. What habit do you wish you could start?
Maybe you could start the habit together.
25. What’s something that you’re looking forward to?
Maybe it’s a job promotion or just the weekend!
26. What was the worst vacation you’ve ever had?
This will surely bring up a funny story about how Delta lost all their luggage on their way to Jamaica.
27. If you could change one law what would it be?
Getting too political on a date doesn’t usually fall into the category of “fun date questions,” but a little politics is okay.
28. Do you shower at night or in the morning?
This says a lot about a person, believe it or not!
29. Who is your biggest role model?
For when the date starts to get a little more serious.
30. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
This can reveal how your date thinks about themselves.