Ever hear of Micellar water? Wondering what all the hype is about? If you haven’t yet, Micellar water is the new makeup remover you do not want to be caught without. Whoever thought washing your face with just water could remove makeup and help brighten your skin?! Read below for everything you need to know about Micellar water.
- The French used it to replace the harsh tap water in France
- Used during fashion week on models
What’s In It?
- A Glycol-Helps make the makeup more soluble
What even is a Micelle?
- A ball shaped molecule made up of many surfactant molecules
- A molecule that can absorb sebum and various oils on your skin.
- They are positioned with the water-loving head of the molecule on the outside and oil-loving tail of the molecule positioned inwards so they are further from the water they resist.
How do I use it?
- Use a cotton pad/ball and apply to face
- When the product hits the cotton the water-loving head sticks to the cotton and the oil-loving tail is sticking up (allowing make-up/oils to be collected on the cotton)
Why should I use it?
- No washing required
- No fragrance or alcohol
- Great for all skin types
- Removes make-up (not as efficient for water-proof)
- Keeps skin clear (clears skin of sebum and wax-based elements)
- Great for on-the-go
- Hydrates and nourishes skin
Where can I buy it?
Have any other tips or advice on Micellar water? Enjoy reading “Everything You Need to Know About Micellar Water? Please share and comment below!
Featured Image Source: midsummersun.com
Erin is a senior at the University of Florida. She majors in Advertising with a concentration in Business Administration. After graduation, she hopes to pursue a career in the fashion world. Go Gators!