From delicious dole whip smoothies to some seriously great chocolate covered Mickey waffles, Disney’s theme parks offer a variety of decadent Disney food that we love. Bad news? Social distancing has closed down the theme parks. Good news? Chances are you can kick your Disney craving with some simple ingredients around the house. Here are Disney Recipes that you can make from your home and still enjoy all of the magic.
One of the best kinds of Disney food out there is the Disney churros. This sweet and delicious dessert is perfect for the middle of the day snack or when you are waiting in line for your favorite ride. Earlier this week, Disney released its recipe for their churros, and they are delicious AF. The recipe calls for water, butter, salt, and cinnamon, as well as flour, eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil.
You can find the whole recipe here:
When many people think of the delicious Disney food found at Disney theme parks, the taste of pineapple Dole Whip, a soft-serve ice cream, although we can’t visit the Tiki room, Disney published how to make our favorite fruity soft serve to tackle all of our Dole Whip cravings. This recipe will serve four people, and it only takes 5 minutes to prep. Does it get any better than this? Pro tip: To keep it authentic, picture to use dairy-free ice cream.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One big scoop of ice cream
- 4 ounces of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- Add pineapple, ice cream, and juice to a blender.
- Start blending at low speed and increase to high speed. Blend until smooth. Make sure that lid is on tight!
- Use a piping bag with a star tip to create a classic swirl, or just scoop right into bowls.
2. Mickey Waffles
One of our favorite recipes is the legendary Mickey mouse waffled (Drizzled with chocolate, of course). If you are craving your favorite Disney food like waffles or pancakes just like the ones served in the Disney parks, then grab yourself some Carbon’s Golden Malted Pancake and waffle flour mix. This delicious mixture produces golden-brown waffles with malt flavor, just like the ones we love to eat at Disneyland.
This recipe is simple and easy, and the directions can be found on the back of the can. Top with chocolate, fresh berries, powdered sugar, or both! Bon appetite!
3. Stitch Juice
Say Aloha to your new favorite drink. This delicious juice straight out Disney will take you to the Hawaiian islands where you can drink with our favorite duo, Lilo & Stitch. This recipe is easy to make and a delicious beverage to sip on throughout the day. Pro tip: It tastes better when wearing a hula skirt.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 21 ounces Passion Fruit Juice
- 21 ounces Guava Juice
- 14 ounces Orange Juice (pulp free)
- Mix all three juices, stir and serve cold
4. The Grey Stuff
A decadent cookie & cream dessert that the whole family will love. Don’t believe us? Ask the dishes! This grey and delicious mousse is perfect for any occasion. Hint: Like watching Beauty and the Beast. I’m not sure that the 17th century France had Oreos, but this recipe does! Here is what you’ll need- talking candle optional.
- 1 (3.4 ounce) pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups Whole (or 2%) Milk
- 15 Oreos (regular, not double-stuffed)
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Whipped Topping
- 3 tablespoons Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Edible Pearl Sprinkles
- Mix entire contents of vanilla pudding mix and milk in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Set in the fridge to chill 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place Oreos in a food processor and blend until they are fine crumbs (no large chunks). If you don’t have a food processor, you can place them into a gallon-size freezer bag and smash using a rolling pin.
- Take the pudding from the fridge and mix in the crushed Oreos.
- Fold in the tub of whipped topping.
- Mix in the chocolate pudding mix and stir well.
- Place back in the fridge to chill for at least one hour before serving.
- To serve, spoon into a cake decorating bag fitted with a star tip and swirl onto a dish.
- Top with a few edible pearl sprinkles.
5. Hush Puppies From New Orleans Square
Jazz music, dim street lights, mouthwatering food. It only makes sense that we would pull a recipe from New Orleans square. Enjoy this recipe for the delicious Hushpuppies you can find in Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. They’re so delicious, you’ll want to make these for every meal. This popular Disney food is easy and delicous!
Heres how to make them.
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
One tablespoon finely diced shallot
One heaping tablespoon cooked and finely chopped bacon
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
3 heaping tablespoons white sweet corn
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup milk
4 cups corn oil or shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the egg, milk, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg and milk. Heat the oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg-and-milk mixture. Do not let the batter sit longer than 15 minutes.
- Use two teaspoons and carefully spoon a ball about the size of a large olive into the hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese, the perfection of a classic: melted and creamy on the inside, and crispy and buttery on the outside. But, wait: Disney’s recipe they recently released for their iconic grilled cheese calls for no butter at all. How is this possible? Skeptical, I put it to the test and ladies, you are going to LOVE it. Heres how to make one of our favorite Disney foods:
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in the food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in a small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Layout artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on the remaining bread slices.
- Equally, spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press the cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
7. Disney Park Popcorn
That’s right, ladies and gentlemen. Its time to elevate your snack game with this recipe for the best popcorn in the world. Period. Heres how to make the delicous, butter Disney food we all love.
- Orville Redenbacher Orginal Seeds
- Pop-n-Lite Popcorn Oil
- Flavacol Seasoning – The secret ingredient that makes popcorn flavorful AF
- Turn popcorn maker on
- Pour 1 TBSP of Pop-n-Lite popping oil into popcorn maker
- Allow Pop-n-Lite to warm up in popcorn maker for 30 seconds
- Pour 1/4 cup of popcorn seeds into popcorn maker
- Popcorn should be ready in 1-3 minutes
- Pour on some Flavacol popcorn seasoning
-And done! Movie theater popcorn has nothing on this one. Enjoy!
8. Monte Cristo
Of all the delectable Disney food served at the restaurants during the last four decades, the most popular item by far is the Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwich. A timeless classic, this sandwich is the perfect combination between savory and sweet. Lucky for us, Disney decided to release this recipe for all of us to enjoy while were stuck at home. Here is how to make one of the best Disney foods out there.
Heres what you’ll need:
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons water
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 slices egg bread (challah works well), sliced 1/2-inch thick
8 thin slices ham
8 thin slices turkey
8 thin slices Swiss cheese
3 cups canola oil
Line a cookie sheet with paper towels; set aside. Whisk the egg and water together in a mixing bowl. Add flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of the bowl. On one slice of bread, arrange 2 slices of ham, turkey, and cheese, covering the bread evenly. Place another slice of bread on top and slice each sandwich in half diagonally.
Heat oil to between 365 degrees F and 375 degrees F in a 10-inch pan. Do not let the oil reach a higher temperature than this; if the oil starts to smoke, turn the heat down. Dip half of the sandwich into the batter, allowing excess to drain, and very carefully place into the oil. Repeat with the other sandwich half. Cook 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Place the cooked sandwich on the prepared cookie sheet in a warm oven until ready to serve. Repeat with the other three sandwiches.
Cook one at a time, and allow the oil to reach the desired temperature between each. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and serve with blackberry preserves on the side.
9. Breakfast Pizza
Start your day off right with this breakfast pizza inspired by Cape May Cafe. This delicious and simple breakfast will get you in the mood to watch Disney movies all day.
Here is how to make the best Disney food Breakfast:
1/2 cup green salsa (mild for kids)
8 large eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scramble the 8 large eggs and set aside. Spread 1/2 cup green salsa on top of the pizza crust and spread out the scrambled eggs on top. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese mix on top of the eggs. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
10. Sweet Cornbread
Disneyland has some of the best cornbread we have ever tasted, so it is no surprise that this Disney food item has made it off the menu and into our hands. Now you can eat dinner and dessert simultaneously-how convenient! A great baker never tells their secret, but ill let you in on the inside scoop- It’s a secret box of cake mix.
Heres what to do to make this delicous Disney food:
- 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 2 (8.5 oz each) Jiffy corn muffin mixes
- Ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix (eggs, oil, water)
- ingredients called for on the back of the corn muffin mixes (eggs, milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, dump in all three boxes of dry mixes (the 1 cake mix and the 2 corn muffin mixes). Add in the ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix box (usually 3 eggs, water, and oil). Now add in the ingredients called for on the end of each corn muffin mix (usually 1/2 cup milk and 1 egg per box).
- Mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined (but try not to over-mix). Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center of the cake mix comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter and honey.
11. Main Street French Toast Loaf
As if we needed another reason to love french toast, Disney has elevated this classic breakfast to a decadent dessert you’ll love. Why waste time constantly dipping and flipping individual slices of French toast, when you could just bake them all into a loaf?
Here is how to make this delicious treat:
- 12 slices home-style white bread (not thin sandwich bread)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, chilled until ready to use
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let the bread slices either air dry for 3-4 hours or lightly toast under the broiler. Slice the sticks of butter into thin slices and divide them into three equal portions. Keep them chilled until ready to use. Mix together the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Set aside. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Place 3 slices of bread in the bottom; sprinkle 1/3 of the brown sugar mixture over the bread slices and then layer 1/3 of the chilled butter slices. Repeat this step 2 more times and then top with the 3 remaining slices of bread. Squish it all down with the palm of your hand, so the bread is not extending above the rim of the pan.
Whisk the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add the heavy cream and whisk well. Whisk in the vanilla and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Slowly pour this mixture over the loaf a little at a time, making sure it is seeping down in between the layers and soaking into the bread. Use a fork to carefully lift up the bread layers to get it well distributed throughout. Cover the loaf first with plastic wrap and then with foil. Place in the fridge to chill overnight. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325. Remove the foil and discard the plastic wrap. Replace the foil and secure it well. Place it on a baking sheet (to catch any spillage) and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
12. Flamin Hot Corn On The Cob
This spicy Cheeto covered snack is trending at Disneyland -And with the fiery red coating, it’s impossible to ignore. Save yourself a trip and enjoy it from the comfort of your home—it’s incredibly delicious! Heres how to make this yummy Disney food:
6 ears of corn, shucked
1/4 c. butter, melted
Zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/3 c. sour cream
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 bag Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, stir together butter, lime zest, cumin, and chili powder. Brush all over the corn. Grill corn until charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and lime juice in a small bowl. Empty Cheetos into a large resealable bag and crush until fine. Empty onto a shallow plate
- .Brush corn with the sour cream mixture then rolls in Cheeto crumbs until completely coated. Repeat with remaining corn.
13. Mickey Soft Serve Pretzels
These pretzels are just as delicious as the ones you can find in the park- minus the long lines. Make them in the shape of Mickey Mouse for your whole family to enjoy. Here is the recipe for this delicous Disney food:
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough
- 1/3 c. baking soda
- 3 c. warm water
- Egg wash, for brushing
- Coarse salt, for sprinkling
- Yellow mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º and line a baking sheet with parchment. Roll out a crescent tube and pinch together seams. Align the dough so that the wide side is facing you and use a pizza cutter to slice into 8 equally long strips.
- Gently roll one piece of dough so that instead of a strip, it comes to form a long, thin tube.
- Shape the dough into a large circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with a second strip, but after shaping into a long, thin tube, slice in half and form each half into small circles for ears. Place them onto prepared baking sheet so that they’re touching the big circle and will bake as one.
- In a shallow bowl, combine baking soda and warm water and whisk until dissolved. Brush all over the crescent pretzel. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake until pretzels are puffed and golden and serve with mustard.
There ya have it, folks. 13 Disney Theme Park dishes you can make from the comfort of your home. Enjoy, snack well, and remember that quarantine calories don’t count!
What is your favorite Disney snack? Comment Below!
Featured Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/450922981440027800/
Oh Hey!Sierra here. I'm armed with an iced coffee on the daily and I have a passion for writing. When I am not writing (is that even possible?) I enjoy reading, painting, dancing and hiking.