Hot, iced, latte, espresso, cappuccino; we all know that coffee isn’t just a drink, but it’s a lifestyle. I will be a college freshman in the fall and I already know my love for all things coffee will only get stronger from here. Whether you’re running to to grab Dunkins or Starbucks before an 8 am or brewing Folders at home, we all need our morning fix that is the refreshing taste of a cup of joe. These are the 15 signs that you’re a coffee addict!
1. Your year is separated into two seasons: Iced and Hot
Lets be real, I am one of those addicts that can drink iced coffee 365 days of the year, but there are those days where I CRAVE a nice cup of steaming hot coffee on those fridgid winter mornings.
2. The baristas know you by your name and order
I don’t know about you, but whenever I go into my local Starbucks that I take daily runs to, the baristas know me by my name “Ashley” and my order “grande iced vanilla latte”.
3. You can’t have a conversation with anyone until a substantial amount of caffeine is in you
Every single morning when my sister or parents try to have a friendly conversation with me right when I wake up, I immediately go downstairs to the coffee pot, pour myself a cup and then I can talk.
4. If coffee were a person, you would marry it
I mean, marrying an iced vanilla latte would be pretty nice.
5. You scout out cute shops just to get the perfect Instagram shot and a delicious latte
I’ll be attending the University of Rhode Island in the fall and I already know that on my days off or before my classes start I will be on yelp and google maps scouting out the cutest shops in the area.
6. Your yawns are like screams for more caffeine
No description needed because we all know ow true this is haha.
7. When going to the Dunkin, you always need to put your iced drink in a hot cup holder so your hands don’t get cold
I have very small hands and I hate when you get an iced coffee and it gets all watery from the condensation. So, when I go to Dunkin, I have to put my iced cup in a Styrofoam cup to stop that from happening.
8. You display your mugs like a work of art that belongs in a museum.
My mug collection at home is A1.
9. All of your money goes towards coffee
We can all agree on this, who needs new clothes when you can have coffee.
10. You fill ice cube trays with coffee so when making iced coffee, you use those cubes instead of regular ice so you get more caffeine
If you don’t do this already, I have no idea where you have been.
11. You have a section in your small freshman dorm in dedicated to your keurig, k cup stash, mugs and other necessities
My future roommates and I have already got our keurig, k cup stash and we plan on having the cutest coffee section because we are all addicts.
12. You are happy to consume iced coffee in any form.
Iced latte, iced mocha, you name it i will drink it.
13. You find any joke about coffee hilarious.
14. You feel bad cheating on your go to coffee shop
I always feel bad going to Starbucks because I love Dunkin so much and Dunkin is so much more affordable. But, I just love them both.
15. You can’t wait to go to sleep and wake up the next morning so you can start your next day full of caffeine
I mean like, how can you not agree with this?
What is you go-to order?! Share in the comments below!
Featured Image: weheartit