It’s no secret that University students talk a lot, and you’ll overhear some pretty… interesting conversations during your time as a Raven. That being said, there’s some things you’ll never hear a student say at Carleton:
1. “I think we’ve won enough Panda Games.”
2. “Well, actually, a Gee Gee is…”
I’ll stop you right there. The correct answer to “what the f*$k’s a Gee Gee?” is to repeat it, louder, thank you.
3. “The tunnels are so annoying and inconvenient.”
When it’s -43 degrees outside, they’re not.
4. “I’ve never had an obnoxiously long wait at the UC Tim Hortons.”
Yes you have. Stop lying to yourself.
5. “Yeah, I have a ton of money to blow this weekend, let’s go out!”
Where do you work? Are they hiring? Can you etransfer me some of that? I have $6.
6. “I don’t find *insert program here* students annoying at all.”
Whether it’s Sprott students shoving the colour blue down your throat, Eng students constantly complaining about their workload, PAPM students never shutting up about politics, or J-School students harassing you for a story (…guilty!), there’s at least one student population that you probably roll your eyes at.
7. “Actually, I think having an O-Train station on campus is incredibly inconvenient.”
If you commute to campus, you don’t. And if you live on campus, the South Keys Walmart is a godsend. You will use that train one day, trust me.
8. “The baked basa was really good today, guys.”
Don’t lie to me. No it wasn’t. Stop kidding yourself.
9. “I think removing the scale from the gym last year was a really good idea.”
10. “I hate being a Raven.”
Doubt ‘er bud, being a Raven is the best!
What else would you never hear a student say at Carleton? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured image source: carletonsororities.tumblr.com
Caitlyn is a Journalism + Humanities student who came to Ottawa because she apparently didn't get a cold enough winter in Northern Ontario. Her hobbies include quoting Clueless, going to the beach, and being a wine mom. Check her out on Instagram @cait.astrophic