Commitment is scary, and you shouldn’t be ashamed if you are afraid to get involved with someone. Changing you life, it is scary and it is totally understandable that you many be afraid to alter the comfort that you have at the moment. Recognizing that you are afraid of commitment is important, so then you can figure out how to help yourself. Here are 15 signs that you are totally and completely afraid of commitment.
1. You’re never fully open about what you’ve got planned for the weekend.
2. Your friends take priority over everything. And everyone.
Have a date night? Well sorry, it’s Friday Club. You can’t possibly miss that, you are a founding member.
3. You really try and get dates with people booked in early in the week so as not to interfere with your social life.
Monday or Tuesday nights perfect for romantic date nights in your mind.
4. The thought of introducing you partner to your parents brings you out in a small rash, makes your back arch and generally makes you quite nauseous.
It is the last thing you want to do, you’d rather pick the wood of a pencil for hours.
5. When your mom as you questions about your partner, you shut her down quickly, and get defensive.
6. The L word gets caught in your throat.
‘I l..l…like you lots’ is about as far as you can get without having an asthma attack. You wouldn’t be caught saying “I love you”, even if you meant it.
7. You avoid your new partner meeting your friends.
Unless out of some weird event of fate, and you, your partner, and your friends happen to be in the same place at the same time.
8. Sleeping with someone for a good six months and still not calling them your boyfriend or girlfriend is totally normal to you.
You are just “hangout”.
9. You’ve been known to be the person to leave it eight hours to reply to a text.
Let your partner just wait by the phone for you to respond. Even though you’ve seen the message you just don’t reply.
10. You question yourself always.
“Is this the right thing”?
11. The thought of a mini break appeals to you.
12. You don’t really like to compromise.
13. You are the champion of shrugging it off when things don’t work out with a romantic interest.
14. You get early onset angina at the idea that you might only ever sleep with one person for the rest of your life.
Because that’s what matters to you.
15. You make excuses for your commitment issues.
“I’m like this because of my parents”. “My childhood wasn’t as good as yours”. “I’ve been hurt before”.
Are you afraid of commitment? Share with your friends who are also afraid of commitment!
Featured image source: pinterest.com
I am a first year student at Ryerson University. I am majoring in Child and Youth Care and minoring in Social Innovation. I love kids, and animals. I am my own person, and I have had a lot of life experiences that has shaped me to be the person I am today. I still live at home with my parents and my cat, which I love. I love cheese lol, and I'm not an active person, physical activity and I are not friends lol. I have 3 really close friends who are my everything and I am a very bubbly person.