Makeup is getting crazier and crazier nowadays, and it isn’t easy (or cheap!) to stay up to date with the latest trends. If you want your makeup to not just look effortless, but actually be effortless, consider these 15 makeup hacks that’ll save you money AND save your look!
1. Spent too many nights cramming for exams and need a color corrector to help cover your under-eyes?
Don’t run to Sephora just yet, red lipstick works just as well! Dab a little under your eye lids, gently pat it in and then cover with your concealer!
2. Looking for that flawless contour?
Use beauty oil such as argan oil or jojoba oil to make a cream product easier to blend.
3. Lash curls not holding up?
Heat up your eyelash curler with a hairdryer to achieve lasting curls. Just make sure it’s not too hot to the touch or else you may lose your lashes!
4. No fan brush to highlight with?
All you need is a bobby pin and a powder or foundation brush.
5. Powder compact getting messy?
Use tape to clean up any residue. This will also take away any hard films that may have formed!
6. Can’t get to the last of that product?
Makeup is expensive, especially high-end, so make sure you aren’t wasting any! Cut open the ends of tubes and scrape out any remaining product.
7. Have you heard about the new primer that’s all the rave?
Nivea Men’s Post Shave Balm works great as a cost-efficient primer because it contains the same ingredients as beauty primers, except this one works even better!
8. Want to have perfect red lips like Taylor Swift?
Make use of a lip liner, and don’t forget to clean up the edges of your lips with concealer!
9. Can’t find your shade?
If you’re having problems finding that perfect lipstick shade for you, this hack is for you!
10. Tried to clean up a mistake you made putting on a bold liquid lipstick, but now the skin around your mouth is stained?
Use color correctors and concealer to recreate the perfect canvas for your second try!
11. Is the cost for your monthly 25 sheet pack of makeup remover wipes starting to make a dent in your back account?
Switch over to micellar water! This removes makeup just as well, is cheaper, and will last for ages.
12. Want to start contouring but don’t know where to?
Here’s a guide for every face shape; how and where to apply the contour and the highlight.
13. Want to make your eyes appear bigger and wider?
Use a white eyeliner, or nude for a more natural look, instead of black on your lower lash line.
14. Broken powder compact?
Fix broken powder makeup by using rubbing alcohol. Add a few drops and blend with the crushed makeup. Smooth it out and wait a day for it to harden. It will look like new the next day!
15. Want to bring out your eyes more?
Look for eye shadow colors that best compliment your eye color!