Father’s Day quotes are an appreciative way to show your Dad how much your special bond means to you. Quotes could be incorporated into cards, e-mails, or even iced onto his favourite cake! Celebrate him with these Father’s Day quotes.
1. Father’s Day quotes that show your Dad you appreciate him “letting” you wrap him around your little finger
“I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Unknown
2. Cute Dad/Daughter dynamic quotes. This totally speaks to Terry Crews and his twin daughters on Brooklyn 99
“Ordinary father-daughter love had a charge to it that generally was both permitted and indulged. There was just something so beautiful about the big father complementing the tiny girl. Bigness and tininess together at last—yet the bigness would never hurt the tininess! It respected it. In a world in which big always crushes tiny, you wanted to cry at the beauty of big being kind of and worshipful of and being humbled by tiny. You couldn’t help but think of your own father as you saw your little girl with hers.” – Meg Wolitze
3. Father’s Day quotes for how terrifying having a child is
“Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” – Barack Obama
4. Some Dad’s are way too selfless!
“I try to live my life like my father lives his. He always takes care of everyone else first. He won’t even start eating until he’s sure everyone else in the family has started eating. Another thing: My dad never judges me by whether I win or lose.” – Ben Roethlisberger
5. Some Father’s Day quotes also apply to Dog-Dad’s. Rowdy pets = Rowdy children
“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass’; ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys.'” – Harmon Killebrew
6. This is how you parent right
“My father always taught by telling stories about his experiences. His lessons were about morality and art and what insects and birds and human beings had in common. He told me what it meant to be a man and to be a Black man. He taught me about love and responsibility, about beauty, and how to make gumbo.” – Walter Mosley
7. It’s so great to see Father’s passing down their selflessness to their children
“My father said there were two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.” – Marlo Thomas
8. Father’s Day quotes for great role models
“My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch.” – Unknown
9. Father’s Day quotes for long-suffering Dad’s with troublesome kids 😉
“By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” – Charles Wadsworth
10. Some Dad’s will always leave an impression on their kids
“I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” – Hedy Lamarr
11. Father’s Day quotes that are so sweet!
“I love my father as the stars—he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
12. Dad’s who build a lives for their families are all #skinny legends
“The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” – Reed Markham
13. Celebrate your Dad’s hardwork
“Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Anne Geddes
14. As you grow older, your Dad will always be there for you
“When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
15. A father’s love is worth more than anything
“Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” – Ruth E. Renkel
What Father’s day quotes make you think of your Dad? Comment below.
Featured image: https://weheartit.com/entry/322707036
Hi, I'm Kelsey! I'm studying a Bachelor of Arts at The University of Melbourne. In my spare time, I like to read, get distracted by YouTube videos, and browse Instagram all day long.