What’s the only thing better than regular fries? Sweet potato fries of course! I like this recipe more than most of the sweet potato fries you get from restaurants to be honest. Whenever I make them I always need extra for my family who no doubt sniff them out and help themselves…Here is the easy sweet potato fries recipe you need to try!
Sweet potatoes are super good for you, super delicious and super versatile. You can have these fries on the side of a burger, a large salad, or just on their own! I seriously recommend the optional dip, it really makes them 11/10! Otherwise, guacamole or tomato sauce works too.
You Will Need:
- Sweet potatoes (Duh)
- (The amount depends on how many people you’re making them for. I usually do one large sweet potato per person as a side dish.)
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Vegan Mayonnaise and Cajun seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the ends off your sweet potato and peel the skin.
- Slice into fry shapes. You don’t want them to be as skinny as spaghetti, but you don’t want them to be much thicker than you’re thumb if you’re aiming for crispy! Length is up to you. I find the longer, the easier to dip.
- Place all your fries onto a plate and heat in microwave for 5 minutes. Don’t worry, they won’t go mushy. This is to get a head-start on cooking, so you don’t need to keep them in the oven for 5 hours!
- Place fries on tray (with baking paper!) and drizzle with olive oil, before sprinkling salt, pepper and cumin. The amount of these ingredients will depend on how many fries, and your personal taste. Start with small amounts, you can always add more.
- Using a spatula, toss the fries until all are evenly coated in the oil and spices.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and flip all the fries using a spatula. Put tray back into oven for another 15 minutes.*
- Take fries out, and enjoy while hot!
- Optional Dip: Mix 3 heaped teaspoons of vegan mayonnaise** with Cajun seasoning.
*Every oven is different. Keep a close eye on the fries when you cook them for the first time as yours may need more or less time!
**I recommended Follow Your Heart Vegenaise. Most supermarkets stock it!
Let us know down below if you enjoyed this Easy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe!
22. Graduate. Vegan. Enjoys laughing, sleeping and a good binge (...on Netflix).