I wanted to be vegan for years but already being gluten intolerant, I thought it would just be too hard. Whilst there are gluten free vegan recipes out there, I found many of them had expensive or hard to find ingredients, and took hours of soaking nuts or extensive preparation. However, over time I’ve managed to adapt recipes to suit my needs or create my own. Being gluten intolerant or celiac doesn’t have to stop you from being vegan as well! It took a few trials and testing but now it’s a permanent in my recipe book. This recipe makes about 10 large vegan pancakes, and the batter lasts up to 5 days in the fridge. Keep reading for the simplest gluten free vegan pancake recipe you can find. Oh, and it’s delicious too, of course! Here is the best gluten free vegan pancake recipe!
You Will Need:
1 Cup Plain Gluten Free Flour*
2 Teaspoons Bicarb Soda
¼ Cup Apple Sauce
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Soy Milk
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
Toppings of your choice
- Mix gluten free flour, bicarb soda, apple sauce, vegetable oil, soy milk and cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixer. The batter may still be too thick once combined, so keep adding milk until it’s of perfect pancake batter consistency.
- Preheat medium size pan and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour batter into pan and make desired size of pancakes. Remember to spray the pan between each pancake!
- Top with fruit and maple syrup, or your own favourite toppings!
I like to thinly slice banana and cook it into each pancake, then top with strawberries or blueberries. That’s it- enjoy!
*I recommended the ‘HAS NO…’ brand of Gluten Free flour. You can buy it from Aldi, it does the job well and is inexpensive. This seriously is the best gluten free vegan pancake recipe.
Let us know what you think about best gluten free vegan pancake recipe in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com
22. Graduate. Vegan. Enjoys laughing, sleeping and a good binge (...on Netflix).