Melbournians are a fairly open bunch, we’ll share pretty much anything with pretty much anyone which is why there’s always something interesting to be found on our social media. Below you’ll find 25 tweets about Melbourne that are rather amusing but just a little too close to home…
1. Yes, we do actually stick animals – cows specifically – up trees for our own amusement.
2. And our wardrobe choices take all four seasons into account because, let’s be honest, we’re guaranteed to experience at least three on any given day.
Wearing my blue singlet under a hoodie. Prepared for any weird Melbourne weather eventuality.
— Matho (@MathoInc) February 14, 2017
3. Now I’m not saying the construction of our new public transport system is causing havoc but…
Metro tunnel works are doing great things for Melbourne traffic 🙄
— Rebecca Maddern (@RebeccaMaddern9) June 20, 2017
4. Although with Metro bringing us such stunning service, could we really expect things to go down any differently?
5. At least it might help us reach our fitness goals?
— Melbourne Informer (@melbourneinform) June 21, 2017
6. The struggle is definitely real AF in the Summer.
I'm convinced traffic in Melbourne is a conspiracy to keep me out of Melbourne Beach
— jesse (@grungeyuppie) June 10, 2017
7. And some may even say that our city is literally out to get us.
8. But hey, go big or go home right?
This is how we're going to build the West Gate Tunnel.
With an underground drill the size of the Hollywood sign. pic.twitter.com/NDd8Up55qp
— Dan Andrews (@DanielAndrewsMP) May 29, 2017
9. And sure, maybe we take it a little too far with our nightlife.
Clubbing on a Monday tho.😂 Melbourne night life is something else.
— chewbacca (@slepua_yo) March 27, 2017
10. But at least the trip home’s never boring.
you've never had the true melbourne experience until a drunk guy on a tram asks u what ur favourite song is from blink 182's greatest hits
— hadassah (@lactoseprince) May 17, 2017
11. And we’ve got some of the best coffee in the world.
Me: *tastes coffee and momentarily twitches nose*
Friend: OMG YOU ARE TOTALLY FROM MELBOURNE NOW
— Belinda Barnet (@manjusrii) June 10, 2017
12. As well as Mean Girls the Melbourne Edition?
— Paprika Cruz (@PapriKaCruz) March 21, 2017
13. Which makes sense I guess.
14. The city is full of interesting people.
Only In Melbourne: skater dudes skating home carrying pictures and jigsaw puzzles just purchased at the op shop.
— Zen ⚡️ (@zensavona) May 27, 2017
15. And you never know what stories you’ll come across.
16. Although you should probably be careful when venue hopping.
Wandering around Melbourne looking for cool laneway venues. No, wait, that's just a normal lane with a dumpster and a drunk guy peeing.
— Anna (@verysleepykoala) April 1, 2017
17. And specify that you’d like your coffee in a regular cup…
Go home Melbourne. You're drunk. We've gone too far. pic.twitter.com/s0J4HFyaPf
— Mitchell Scott (@MitchellBScott) May 14, 2017
18. Then there’s this.
Ok Melbourne. Go home. You're drunk. pic.twitter.com/OIL4rlgzEH
— Ben Whitmore (@Ben_Whitmore) June 17, 2017
19. But at least we don’t have any Vikings?
True, there are no Vikings in Melbourne. Just hipsters with weird beards and funny hats.
— Public Serpent (@PublicSerpentOz) April 28, 2017
20. What we do have, however, is a very particular set of skills.
Crossing the road between traffic and jumping on a tram before the doors shut is a skill in Melbourne
— Leigh Ritchie (@LionelRitchie18) May 21, 2017
21. And pretty low expectations.
#whodesignedaustralia why bother having a weather reporter for Melbourne? they probably make it up on the spot anyway, lol.
— Bonnie (@BonsAdventures) June 19, 2017
22. Even though outsiders might not totally get our way of life.
I couldn't possibly live in Melbourne. I would be so much fatter and always drunk
— ainsindahouse (@ainsindahouse) May 7, 2017
23. And we don’t always know where we’re going.
Melbourne metro is at it again.
Computer announces "now arriving at Southern Cross"
I got on at Southern Cross
We're in Richmond
— Dragon Xavier 🏹 Real time graphics (@Xavier_Ho) June 7, 2017
24. We know what we want out of life.
One of my life's aspirations is to witness a truck drive into the Montague st bridge IRL
— emma (@emmaisapie) June 16, 2017
25. And we can turn even the saddest situation into a thing of beauty.
— Hannah Francis (@han_francisco) July 10, 2017
Which one of these tweets about Melbourne do you think is the most funny? Let us know in the comments!
Featured Image: www.visitmelbourne.com