In case you weren’t already aware, vegan food isn’t bland and just made up of salad. There are endless options for plant-based foodies out there. Not only is there a delicious array, but there are also some quick and easy meals to make when you don’t have much time. Check out these easy vegan recipes for some snack/dinner/dessert inspo!
Hummus is possibly the best dip there is. It’s really easy to make yourself and you can add whatever flavour you like for this healthy snack. With chickpeas as the base, you can modify this hummus recipe to suit your own taste with different herbs and spices.
- Drain a can of chickpeas and set aside the liquid.
- Put chickpeas in a blender along with 3-5 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, and ¼ of the chickpea liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Add some olive oil to the top along with parsley to garnish
2. Vegan pizza of your choice
Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s a meal with endless possibilities and combinations. Vegans can also enjoy a tasty pizza. Most store bought pizza bases are vegan (however you should check the ingredients of course), or if you have the time you can make your own. This is one of my favorite easy vegan recipes.
- Spread a thin layer of your favourite pizza sauce to the base
- Add all your toppings. Some good ones to choose from include spinach, mushroom, olives, tomato, capsicum, pineapple, avocado, vegan sausage slices, roast potato, roast pumpkin, rocket or onion
- Sprinkle on a vegan cheese of your choice and cook the pizza until the base is cooked and the cheese is melted
3. Overnight oats
Overnight oats are the perfect pre-made meal to wake up and eat for breakfast. With a few base ingredients, you have the choice to pick your own flavours. They look best served in a cute jar.
- Add 1/3 cup of muesli or oats, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of nut butter into a jar or bowl.
- Pour in a splash of a vegan milk of your choice to combine the ingredients and add more milk once it’s all stirred together. Add as much milk as you like to the desired thickness.
- Add toppings of your choice. Try fruit such as apple, banana, coconut or blueberries along with maple syrup, dark chocolate chips, vanilla extract or cocoa powder.
- Cover it up and let it sit overnight to enjoy in the morning
4. Burger & chips
This one is definitely simple. A classic burger and chips meal can easily be made vegan. You can either make your own chips, or heat up some frozen ones.
- Make sure your buns are vegan. For the ‘meaty’ aspect, you could add falafel, a vegan burger patty, vegan sausage or tofu.
- Add your favourite salads. I enjoy a combination of avocado, mushroom, tomato and lettuce along with vegan cheese and mayo.
- Serve with either potato, sweet potato or zucchini chips
5. Potato curry
Curry is the perfect meal for a kick of flavour. This vegan recipe is super healthy and easy to make. It’s no wonder it makes the easy vegan recipes list.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a skillet on medium heat and add 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add 1 diced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Stir in a can of coconut milk, 1 cup of diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, salt, maple syrup, turmeric and minced ginger and ¼ teaspoon of red pepper
- Bring it to a low simmer and add 4 small potatoes
- Cover and let simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until the potatoes are soft
- Stir in frozen peas and let it sit before serving
6. Cocoa popcorn
This might sound like an odd combination, however chocolate and popcorn make for a delicious combo. This vegan recipe only takes 5 minutes to make and is the perfect treat. Talk about easy vegan recipes that taste delicious.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter and drizzle it over 10 cups of popcorn
- Stir in the cocoa mix
7. Avocado pasta
If you’re obsessed with avocado, this creamy avocado pasta will be a dream. It doesn’t have many elements yet makes a delicious dinner.
- Cook a pack of spaghetti according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside
- Combine 2 avocados, ½ cup basil, 2 garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a food processor. Whilst it’s running, slowly add in 1/3 cup of olive oil then set aside
- In a large bowl combine the spaghetti and avocado sauce along with 1 cup of cherry tomato halves and ½ cup of canned corn
8. Pumpkin soup
This pumpkin soup only contains 2 ingredients and is the ultimate comfort food. Best served warm of course and along with bread.
- Steam half a butternut pumpkin in a double broiler over boiling water until soft
- Add the pumpkin to the boiling water used for steam and puree it with a hand blender
- Stir in 1 can of coconut cream and add salt and pepper to taste
9. Banana and peanut butter ice cream
You don’t need milk to make ice cream. This simple recipe makes a healthy, vegan ice cream replica. It is seriously one of the easy vegan recipes that stand out.
- Slice 4 very ripe bananas and freeze until solid
- Puree the frozen banana in a food processor until smooth
- Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and mix until combined
- Serve immediately for a soft serve or put it back in the freezer for a harder consistency
10. Black beans and rice
This one of the easy vegan recipes packed with a lot of nutrients. It might be simple, however has plenty of flavour.
- Combine 4 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 ½ teaspoons of olive in a saucepan. Bring to the boil
- Stir in 2 cups of long-grain rice. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for roughly 20 minutes until the rice is tender
- Whilst the rice is cooking, in another saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium heat. Sauté 1 chopped onion, 1 ½ cups of chopped capsicum and 2 finely chopped garlic cloves for about 5 minutes
- Add 2 cans of black beans, 1 cup of vegetable broth, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 2 bay leaves, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover and bring to the boil
- After reducing the heat and letting it simmer for 10 minutes, remove the bay leaves
- Serve the bean mixture over the rice
Let us know what you think about these vegan recipes in the comments below!
Featured Image Source: weheartit.com