Sandwiches are some of the most simple and delicious things you can make. If you do it right and pick all the right ingredients, you’ll have yourself one of the best sandwiches you’ve ever tried!
If you’re wondering how to make one of these delicious sandwiches, then try out these amazing sandwich recipes I love. Enjoy!
Toasted Ciabatta Veggie Sandwich
The first item on our list of sandwich recipes is a delicious tempeh veggie sandwich on toasted ciabatta bread. This sandwich is not only super healthy and filling, but it tastes amazing too! The lightly toasted ciabatta bread is the key to making this sandwich so great. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ciabatta Bread
- Tempeh (sliced and cooked over medium heat in a touch of oil and your favorite seasonings)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Swiss Cheese
- Mayonnaise (spicy mayonnaise if you’d like a little kick)
- First cook your tempeh. I like to cook it in a little avocado oil over medium heat on the stove. Then you’ll want to add your favorite seasonings to it, like salt, garlic, pepper, and/or a dash of paprika.
- Next you can prepare all the other sandwich ingredients! Slice or mash your avocado, slice the tomatoes, and pull apart some fresh iceberg lettuce.
- Then you can toast your ciabatta bread and place a couple slices of swiss cheese on it to start melting.
- Add your mayo and avocado to the slice of bread without cheese on it and then layer on the tempeh, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Spicy Avocado & Hummus Sandwich
Next on our list of tasty sandwich recipes is a delicious spicy avocado and hummus sandwich. This sandwich is great for any time, and you could even make it an open-faced sandwich for breakfast! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Hummus (your favorite kind is fine, I like to use some that has a little paprika in it!)
- Avocado (1/2 avocado per slice of toast)
- Chili Flakes
- Optional: Salt and/or Pepper (to taste)
- Sourdough or Wheat Bread (toasted)
- Cherry or Zima Tomatoes (Sliced)
- Optional: Hemp Seeds
- Optional: Honey
- Toast your favorite choice of bread. (Sourdough tastes amazing with this sandwich, but regular whole wheat or honey whole wheat is fine!)
- Mash up your avocado with whichever seasonings you prefer.
- Spread avocado (seasoned how you like with salt and maybe a dash of pepper) and a dollop of hummus on the toast.
- Sprinkle a few hemp seeds on the avocado and hummus.
- Slice your small tomatoes and put those in the sandwich.
- Sprinkle a good amount of chili flakes all over that! (Depending on how much spice you like, of course.
- Now if you’d like a little bit of sweetness to complement the spice, you can drizzle just a tiny amount of honey over everything. It sounds strange, but it tastes amazing!
- Now close up your sandwich, cut it in half, and enjoy!
Toasted PB&J Sandwich
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a classic, and you may be wondering why they made it on this list. Of course you’ve tried one before! But there’s a little trick I’d like to share with you that’ll make your PB&J go over the top. It’s really very simple…
All you need to do is toast the bread and then continue making your sandwich as usual. It’s a small change, but once you try your PB&J toasted you’ll never go back!
Avocado & Pimento Cheese Sandwich
Next up is a delicious avocado and pimento cheese sandwich! The ingredients to this sandwich recipe are very simple, but the flavors combined are out of this world. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Whole Wheat Bread (Toasted)
- Pimento Cheese (homemade or your favorite store-bought kind)
- Avocado (mashed with salt and pepper to taste)
- First you will want to toast your favorite whole wheat bread.
- Then you’ll spread your mashed avocado on one slice of the bread.
- Finally you’ll spread your pimento cheese on the other side and put your sandwich together.
Quesadilla Inspired Grilled Cheese
Last but definitely not least on our little list of sandwich recipes is a quesadilla inspired grilled cheese. This sandwich is just like a regular grilled cheese, but with a spicy twist! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pullman Bread
- Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese (sliced or shredded)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Optional: Your favorite hot sauce, I love Cholula hot sauce for this sandwich
- Heat a little butter on a pan over medium heat and make your grilled cheese as usual with the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- After you take it out of the pan you can carefully pull it apart and add in a few slices of avocado and tomatoes.
- Press your sandwich back together and enjoy it with a bit of your favorite hot sauce on the side for dipping. Yummy!