Dessert is absolutely delicious all the time and it’s so much fun to make! There are so many different kinds so sometimes it can be difficult to decide what to bake first.
If you’re deciding what dessert to make for yourself, your family, friends, a party, or really for anything, then you need to try these 5 amazing dessert recipes! Enjoy.
1. Pumpkin Pie Squares
As I’m writing this article fall is just around the corner, so this is one of the dessert recipes that would be absolutely delightful to bring in the fall season!
As you bite down into these delicious pumpkin pie squares they’ll melt in your mouth and bring you lot’s of holiday joy. Here’s what you’ll need for about 20 servings:
For Pumpkin Squares:
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cold Butter
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cans (15 ounces each) Solid-Pack Pumpkin
- 2 Cans (12 ounces each) Evaporated Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1,1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp Butter (softened)
- Optional: Sweetened Whipped Cream
Click here to follow along with the instructions on how to make these delicious pumpkin pie squares by Taste of Home.
2. Piña Colada Icebox Cake
This next dessert recipe is a perfect treat for when you’re spending the day out at the pool! Just prepare the dessert ahead of time and then enjoy a piece of this delicious Piña Colada icebox cake to help you cool off. Here’s what you’ll need for about 12 servings:
- 1 Package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Rum Extract
- 1 Can (13.66 ounces) Coconut Milk (divided)
- 1 Package (3.4 ounces) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Container (8 ounces) Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 15 Whole Graham Crackers
- 1 Can (20 ounces) Crushed Pineapple (drained)
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut (toasted)
Click here for the instructions to this tasty treat, also created by Taste of Home.
3. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Although chocolate chip cookies are a classic, these are the best ones you can make. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, but you’re love for them will go to a whole new level after you try this recipe! Here’s what you’ll need for about 12 cookies:
- 1/2 Cup (115 grams) Butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1, 1/2 Cup (180 grams) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Flaky Sea Salt
Click here to follow along with the instructions for these delicious chocolate chip cookies by Gimme Some Oven.
4. Mamaw Emily’s Strawberry Cake
Next on our list of dessert recipes is a fruity and fluffy strawberry cake that you need to try! This cake recipe by Taste of Home looks and tastes amazing and it’s perfect to enjoy any time of the year. Here’s what you’ll need for about 12 servings:
- 1 Package White Cake Mix (regular size)
- 1 Package (3 ounces) Strawberry Gelatin
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Strawberries
- 4, 1/2 to 5 Cups Confectioners’ Sugar
Click here for the instructions on how to make this tasty treat!
5. Nonny’s Wacky Cake
Last, but not least on this amazing list of dessert recipes is my Nonny’s chocolate wacky cake recipe. This cake is so moist and chocolaty, no one will blame you if you want to eat the entire thing!
I can honestly say this is one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve ever had in my entire life so I’d like to share the recipe with you! Below are the instructions and recipe to Nonny’s Wacky Cake.
1. Preheat oven 350° F.
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 Cups Sifted Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Oil (corn oil if you can)
- 2 Tbsp Clear (called white) Vinegar
- 2 Cups Cold Water
2. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
3. Make 3 holes in the dry ingredients (1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large).
4. Put vanilla in one, put oil in one, and vinegar in one.
5. Pour cold water over all.
6. Mix until just blended. It will have some lumps, but it should be entirely wet.
7. Pour into lightly oiled 13″ x 9″ x 2,1/2″ baking dish or oblong cake pan. You can use baker’s choice spray or any other non-stick oil spray.
8. Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until when you slightly touch the top, it springs back up.
9. Let cool.
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/4 Cup Dry Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Box (1 pound) of Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
10. While cake is cooling you can make the frosting. Melt butter with cocoa and then mix it in with all the other frosting ingredients.
11. Frost cake and serve or keep cool!
I hope you enjoy this delicious wacky cake as much as I do. Enjoy!