Air fryer’s are the hot new thing… but why. First of all using an air fryer makes any meal healthier, but still gives you that great taste! Not only that but air fryers are super easy to use and incredibly fast. And last but not least, air fryers can cook just about anything! Don’t believe me? Check out these air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Southern Style Chicken
Looking for a healthier version of your favorite greasy meal. Ditch the oil and treat yourself to this air fryer southern style chicken! Whether you’re just in the mood for a comfort meal, or in the mood for something “finger lickin’ good”, this is the perfect air fryer meal!
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 50)
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3-4 pounds of chicken (cut up)
- Preheat air fryer to 375
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first seven ingredients.
- Place egg in shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then in cracker mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, place chicken in a single layer on greased air fryer tray
- cook for 10 minutes, and turn chicken over.
- cook until chicken is golden brown , so about 10-20 minutes.
Sweet and Spicy Air Fryer Meatballs
Bored of the same old spaghetti and meatballs, here’s a spin on the classic meatball. This is a recipe that will quench that craving for something sweet and spicy, and is ready in a matter of minutes might I add!
- 2/3 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1/2 a cup of crushed ritz crackers
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can or 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minces onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 a teaspoon of pepper
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
Ingredients for the Sauce
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons of Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 380
- In a large bowls, combine the first 10 ingredients
- Add beef, mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2 inch balls.
- In batches, arrange meatballs in a single layer on greased air fryer basket.
- Cook until they are lightly browned and cooked through, about 12-15 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and serve with meatballs
Air Fryer Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Personally, I’m a sucker for anything with sweet potatoes, so when I stumbled across this recipe I just had to share it! I know we all know of a loaded baked potato, but what about a stuffed sweet potato? This is the perfect dish that can be served alone or as a side!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of cooked chopped spinach, drained
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cooked bacon strips, crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Brush potatoes with oil, place on air fryer basket
- Cook until potatoes are tender, or about 30-40 minutes; cool slightly
- Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- In a large bowl, mash the potato pulp. Stir in spinach, 3/4 cup cheese, bacon, onion, cranberries, pecans, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells, mounding slightly.
- Reduce heat to 360 degrees.
- Place potato halves, cut side up, on tray in air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese, cook until cheese is melted, for about 1-2 minutes
Air Fryer Mini Nutella Doughnut Holes
Looking for a perfect midnight snack, or just a knew dish for that pesky sweet tooth? Try these mini Nutella doughnut holes! Just looking at the name makes me want to go grab my air fryer and start baking!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tube or large refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 count)
- 2/3 cup of Nutella
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat air fryer to 300 degrees
- Whisk egg with water. On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 6 inch circle, cut each into 4 inch wedges
- Brush lightly with egg mixture, top each wedge with 1 teaspoon of Nutella
- Bring up corners over filling; pinch edges firmly to seal
- In batches, arrange wedges in a single layer on tray in air fryer basket
- Cook until golden brown, or 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Dust with confectioners sugar, serve warm
Air Fryer Sausage Pizza
Want a personal pizza in the palm of your hands that will only take a matter of minutes? You’re in the right place! This recipe is super easy and like any pizza, totally customizable. This is a perfect dish for a midday meal for yourself, or a fun pizza night with the fam!
- 1 loaf or 1 pound of frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/3 cups of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small greed pepper , sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into four circles.
- Cover; let rest for 10 minutes
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Roll and stretch each dough into a 6 inch circle
- Place 1 crust in greased air fryer
- Carefully spread with 1/4 cup of pizza sauce, 1/3 cup of sausage, 1/3 of of cheese , a fourth of the green pepper rings and a pinch of oregano.
- Cook until crust is golden brown, or 6-8 minutes
- If desired, sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
What’s your go to Air Fryer recipe? Comment down below!