Let’s face it: we don’t eat to survive, we survive to eat. Keep reading for 9 surefire signs you’re obsessed with food!
1. You eat even when you’re not even a little bit hungry.
You know you’re obsessed with food when you see food and start eating it just because…. And even though you just ate a huge meal that filled you up, once you see food again, you’re hungry all over again. Or how about when you’re bored? Well, what else to do, of course but eat!
2. You enjoy eating alone in secret.
Sometimes people hate for others to see how they eat, so they eat alone or in secret. And sometimes, some just eat alone just to have all their food to themselves. Let’s be honest, when you’re eating around a bunch of people, they tend to beg and it can become quite annoying. When you eat in secret to are extra positive that no one will take your food away from you OR witness you devour an entire pizza.
3. You breathe a sight of sweet relief while you eat.
Food may sometimes work as a form of relief. All people have a person or object they run to when they’re emotional, depressed, sad, etc. If food is your go to object when you’re feeling down and out, then it’s a sign that you’re obsessed with food.
4. You get super excited whenever you see food, especially if it is food you are about to consume yourself.
Have you ever been in a restaurant and you start dancing in your seat because you see your food coming? Yeah, that’s the best feeling, but you’re also obsessed. Not only that, but seeing food in general gets you hyped and excited. The cooking channel is enough to make you dance in your seat.
5. The first thing you think about when you wake up is food.
Thinking about food in the morning time makes you crave it even more. Thinking about food at night will leave you starving in the morning. If the first thing you think about in the morning is what you’re going to eat for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner, then your life is somewhat put together. Thinking about what to eat and finally eating is the best part of the day.
6. Your friends are well aware of your obsession as well.
You’re so obsessed with food to the level that your friends know that you’re consistently eating, or thinking about what you’re going to eat. Having friends to support your food obsession is the best.
7. You literally fantasize and day dream about food.
Dreaming about certain types of food can mean different things on what you want/or need in your life. Or maybe you’re just hungry in your sleep? Who knows.
8. You think about what you’re going to have for lunch at breakfast and what you’re going to have for dinner at lunch time.
9. You get actually angry and annoyed whenever someone takes some of your food without asking.