The countdown to summer has begun, which means no more hibernating in your dorm. If a bikini body is what you’re looking for, it’s time to start now! Get your fitness plan ready during spring and you’ll be showing off that summer bod in no time. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
1. Make a plan. Instead of just telling yourself you’ll go to the gym after class, make a point to schedule it into your busy day. If you see it on your calendar or phone, you will be more motivated to complete the task.
2. Use the buddy system. Turn the gym into a social session! By enlisting a friend, family member or your roommate, you gain some extra encouragement and stay more committed to your workouts to get in you shape for summer.
3. Create a mantra. Start thinking of a saying to pump you up. Having a positive mantra and constantly repeating it can give you an extra boost when you lose motivation. One of my favorites is, “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”
5. Pump up the jams. Put all of your favorite songs into a playlist and blast these whenever you’re at the gym. Not only will the music inspire you to get to the gym, but they can also make you work out even harder and stronger!
6. Fill up on H2O. Ditch the sugary drinks and fill up on water instead. Drinking eight glasses a day will help detoxify your body and leave you with more radiant skin. Plus, it will keep you hydrated during your workouts.
7. Visit the App Store. When you can’t make it to the gym, turn to your phone instead. The 7-Minute Workout app allows you to get fit for summer in your dorm in less than seven minutes. Push through the 12 exercises first thing in the morning and you’ll feel ready for the day!
Sticking to these tips will boost your health and leave you feeling confident and ready for summer!
This week Sephora is celebrating Chic Week to give its Beauty insiders a special Spring treat of 15% off! (Just…